Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   1979-1995 Mustang GT (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f142/)
-   -   Gears are in whats next? (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f142/t25542/)

Justin 01-22-2007 10:07 AM

Gears are in whats next?

Ok have 4.10s in and speed calib on the way.. What can i do to get a little bit of my top end power back. Tuner or a chip of some sort? If you would leave me some suggestions. Thanks

SpectorV 01-22-2007 11:47 AM

Re: Gears are in whats next?

Heads/Cam/Intake

Justin 01-22-2007 11:58 AM

i thought about that but there is a 302 w/ 4 barrels and 93 gt heads that is for sale for 1k through a friend.. just put together... should i get it or no...what exacally do the 4 barrels do?

Herbstang 01-22-2007 12:07 PM

That would be your carburetor You know the little thing on the top of the intake that suppiles fuel to the motor :)

Justin 01-22-2007 12:19 PM

I know that much.... im just not sure what 4 barrel means.... i hear it i just dont understand it... i never been arond or worked on a carb. engine... always fule injected... so bein it a carb. engine i prolly wanna stay away from it huh?

Herbstang 01-22-2007 12:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK I was just F*ckin with ya .4 barell has 2 primary and two secondary. nomal driving your just using the front 2 barrell ,when you go WOT the 2nd 2 kickin and you get kicked back in the seat and enjoy the sound of a carb

Last 4 barrel I used had 1 1/4 primary and 2 1/2 secondary

Attachment 15987

Justin 01-22-2007 12:39 PM

should i buy it to put in a 95 gt?

bluemustang 01-22-2007 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin (Post 366977)
i thought about that but there is a 302 w/ 4 barrels and 93 gt heads that is for sale for 1k through a friend.. just put together... should i get it or no...what exacally do the 4 barrels do?

honestly if you dont understand dont get that motor seriously carbs you always have to be ****ing with and after awhile it will get annoying.

Just save your money up and get a DSS short block or even a full crate motor if you really want a nice motor. just dont buy the first thing you think its a good deal. with foxes you really gotta plan this out and not just throw mods at you know.

i asked you this before but what do you want to accomplish with this car whether it be a street warrior or a weekend warrior what

personally id just save up for a h/c/i or a short block or work on your suspension, just figure out what end you wanna do first cause now things are gonna start to get expensive (unless you go over at corral and look around you'll find deals on parts trust thats how i bought my s/c setup)

SpectorV 01-22-2007 03:09 PM

dont go carbed

Taywi 01-22-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectorV (Post 367046)
dont go carbed

x2... i've only got a 2barrel on my small v6 and i still get ****ty gas mileage

Thomas91169 01-22-2007 07:42 PM

i dont think he could even go carb'd unless its a "Carb" but really has a fuel injector in it and was controlled by the ecu or a aftermarket unit, instead of the standard vacuum that pulls the fuel out of the resevoir or however they work. your ecu will try to control injectors when there are none, and your fuel pump setup is made for fuel injection, not for a mechanical style carburetor.

i would go with what spec said, the best way to gain up top is by getting heads/cam/intakes that can move the kind of air your engine needs at those rpm's. get yourself some GT40 heads, a good cam and upper/lower intake combo whatever and itll be very nice!

bbunt302 01-22-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas91169 (Post 367094)
i dont think he could even go carb'd unless its a "Carb" but really has a fuel injector in it and was controlled by the ecu or a aftermarket unit, instead of the standard vacuum that pulls the fuel out of the resevoir or however they work. your ecu will try to control injectors when there are none, and your fuel pump setup is made for fuel injection, not for a mechanical style carburetor.

It would take a little bit of work, but thousand upon thousands of people have put carbed engines in fox bodies. There's not that much to it.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea though. FI all the way. :)

modular2valve 01-23-2007 06:55 PM

yea FI is alot more accurate too.

01:37 PM