Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   General Mustang Discussion (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/)
-   -   Mods for a gt500 (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f312/t293368/)

SALEEN 09-18-2011 02:39 AM

Mods for a gt500
 
What kind of mods for a gt500 for it to beat a zo6

93slowstang 09-18-2011 03:18 AM

More than likely a pulley change or a larger S/C, and tune. Probably better off looking at a new 5.0 and putting a S/C on it if you want to do it cheaper.

16218 09-18-2011 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 93slowstang
More than likely a pulley change or a larger S/C, and tune. Probably better off looking at a new 5.0 and putting a S/C on it if you want to do it cheaper.

+1

GT1000 09-18-2011 06:13 AM

It depends where you want to land with HP. If you want 600-700hp I'd go with a SC 5.0 if you wanted 700-900 I'd go gt500 with a kenne bell or whipple if you wanted 900-1200 then twin turbo your gt500. Most z06 owners in my area are all over 45 so a stock GT could probable take them at a light.

lowflyn 09-18-2011 10:58 AM

Re: Mods for a gt500
 
What year Z06? Most important question and it's not even been asked.

How about instead of posting up useless hypothetical perfect scenarios you just read for a while...

Brett Greene 09-18-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowflyn
What year Z06? Most important question and it's not even been asked.

How about instead of posting up useless hypothetical perfect scenarios you just read for a while...

Lol plus 1

GT1000 09-18-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowflyn
What year Z06? Most important question and it's not even been asked.

How about instead of posting up useless hypothetical perfect scenarios you just read for a while...

Shouldn't be comparing a gt500(drag car) to a z06(track car) anyway really.

Fox5.0 09-18-2011 04:08 PM

I think his just trying to figure out what it take to beat a zo6 I'd say a c6 zo6 you need at least 100 or more hp than him if ur in a stang to beat him my opinion

16218 09-18-2011 04:16 PM

The vette is a "exotic" Shelby's a muscle car! On the brink of exotic performance

wnt2gofst 09-18-2011 07:05 PM

Re: Mods for a gt500
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox5.0 (Post 959224)
I think his just trying to figure out what it take to beat a zo6 I'd say a c6 zo6 you need at least 100 or more hp than him if ur in a stang to beat him my opinion

This is about the average. They are 500lbs light to begin with. LT's/exhaust/smaller pulley/tune/and traction. You should be able to beat stock C6Z's.


12:33 PM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.