Mustang Evolution Forum banner

96 Cobra 12v power source

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Brad.krieg 
#1 ·
Hi eveyone. I'm new to this, dont know if I'm posting this in the right spot. I just bought a 96 cobra and i'm trying to find a switched 12v power source in the passenger side kick panel area by the pcm. Anyone have a schematic or wire color diagram? I just need to splice into the right wire that isn't always on, like the window power or something.. Its for a shift light... .

#3 ·
Hey man, thanks for the quick reply. Honestly, i originally had that thing hooked up in my 99 gt at the pcm. It was really easy. I went to do the same in the new cobra. Couldnt find anything online as far as a power source goes. But, this is after the fact that i tapped into both the tach pin and gound. I figure why go through even more trouble rewiring. Might as well just find something by the pcm. I know something is there.

#7 ·
If your using an accessory wire use the fuse panel or a radio wire. Work smarter not harder man good luck

#13 ·
No worries bro. Freakin A, now i installed it behind the tach and tapped into every wire i was supposed to an nothing. Not working at all! I checked all connections, they are good. Wtf, maybe a bad ground? The thing doesnt even light up at all to run test. Its a raptor shift light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.