Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2010 Mustang GT Vs Jeep Grand Cheroke SRT8

7K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Dancobra75 
#1 ·
So a buddy of mine just got a 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 & he was telling me that he can beat my 2010 Mustang GT with JLT CAI/Tune. Any ideas who wud win?

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

I have an Auto BTW

#18 ·
Not sure about the validity of the last part of your statement. Chargers and Challengers are NOT ***** cars.... the new Charger is coming with 470 HP and 470 Torque. The dude who bought my 09 Challenger tuned it and threw on a CAI and he decimates me light to light 10 out of 10 times. That 5.7 Hemi is one tough mother of an engine. We have guys here that are closing in on 1000HP on stock internals where guys with the 6.4 are blowing engines at about the 750-800 range.

Under estimate a Challenger or Charger at the track... if you want to, they are surprisingly nimble for being such a whale of a car.

#16 ·
Guys, guys, guys... the SRT8 Jeep is the FASTEST SUV on the market. Many X5M's and X6M's have had their asses handed to them as well as the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. The SRT 8 is to SUV's what the SRT-10 is to Pickups and tunable just like our Mustangs. A simple tune and CAI will put the SRT-8 over 500 HP

#20 ·
Seriously......... you going to pull the" You should go hang out on their site if you like them so much" card? Nice.

Fact... your SVT can be destroyed by a Honda with a turbo so it not the end all say all to fast cars. I beat my fair share of SVT's in my measly 420 HP BMW M3. I understand brand loyalty, but not brand blindness. Dodge makes some fine cars, as does Ford and Chevy. We drive Mustangs because they hold something for us that the others don't, just as Chevy and Dodge drivers drive theirs because their brand holds something important to them that the Mustang doesn't.

I would assume everyone here is over 18 and therefore expected to act as a mature adult. if you want to go to blows over someone saying your SVT ain't sheeeet that is your call, but I refuse to get into a ignorance spat with folks that are narrow minded. Keep living in your world if it makes you happy, but don't get butt hurt when someone calls you out for making an ignorant assessment of a competitors car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.