Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang GT (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/)
-   -   Brembo wheel paint peeling (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t297228/)

5LHO 01-07-2012 02:24 PM

Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
1 Attachment(s)
I went to clean the wheels on my brand new 2012 5.0 with about 500 miles on the clock and this is what I saw on the pass front of my Brembo wheel.

This is going right back to the dealer to be fixed, asap. I'd prefer they replace the wheel but, they'll probably just have it repaired locally, putting me out a car again. Not impressed.

Napoleon85 01-07-2012 02:33 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5LHO (Post 1021685)
I went to clean the wheels on my brand new 2012 5.0 with about 500 miles on the clock and this is what I saw on the pass front of my Brembo wheel.

This is going right back to the dealer to be fixed, asap. I'd prefer they replace the wheel but, they'll probably just have it repaired locally, putting me out a car again. Not impressed.

Just out of curiosity, what were you using to clean it? I cant think of anything that should be able to do this kind of damage, but it may be good info for people to avoid that product in case it was somehow able to strip the paint from the wheel!

5LHO 01-07-2012 02:44 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
This was gone BEFORE I cleaned the wheel. This is a paint adhesion issue. these wheels have a 3 step paint process from the factory: a gloss black base (why that is, I don't know, that would promote adhesion issues) a colour coat and a clear coat.

It was plain dish soap, water and a rag, fwiw.

wnt2gofst 01-07-2012 04:16 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
Go to the dealer. It should be covered. Just like paint on your car.

5LHO 01-07-2012 05:13 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
Already booked. It's going in next Sat. for the fluid TSB to be addressed. This will be dealt with then as well. My only concern is that they may want to get the wheel repainted locally and thus, the colour match/finish may not be perfect and my car will be imprisoned whilst they do that.

I am going to try to get them to just replace the wheel and call me when they get it, rather than have them f around for an indeterminate amount of time.

MyStang68 01-07-2012 05:40 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
I agree with the others. take it back to the dealer. I then would look into some aftermarket rims. There are some great stuff out there and is a great way to personalize your ride. :good:

DrSalt22 01-07-2012 05:51 PM

A guy on here got the dealer to paint his black after this happened to him. He has a grabber blue, but I forgot his name...

11stangGT 01-07-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrSalt22
A guy on here got the dealer to paint his black after this happened to him. He has a grabber blue, but I forgot his name...

That's me! Lol.

DrSalt22 01-08-2012 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 11stangGT

That's me! Lol.

Yeah!! Haha

blackhawk 1 01-08-2012 04:46 AM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
check the other 3 , may want dealer to replace all 4 of them

5LHO 01-24-2012 02:14 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
Update: Finally the snow stopped and I took my peeling wheel paint GT into the dealer. The Service Rep took one look at it, clicked a pic and wrote up the paperwork for replacing the wheel, from Ford. $900! She then said she'd call me back when it shows up and we can do the swap late day, on a Sat. so, there is no inconvenience to me.

Can't say I have any complaints about how this was handled. Completely professional, no attempts to redirect blame, nothing.

Napoleon85 01-24-2012 02:53 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5LHO (Post 1035616)
Update: Finally the snow stopped and I took my peeling wheel paint GT into the dealer. The Service Rep took one look at it, clicked a pic and wrote up the paperwork for replacing the wheel, from Ford. $900! She then said she'd call me back when it shows up and we can do the swap late day, on a Sat. so, there is no inconvenience to me.

Can't say I have any complaints about how this was handled. Completely professional, no attempts to redirect blame, nothing.

Sweet! It's good to hear that there are some Ford dealers still providing good service out there. I just wish I could find one in my area! :mad:

All joking aside, it would be pretty hard for them to pawn that off as anything but defective...

mgioia2 01-24-2012 03:23 PM

Re: Brembo wheel paint peeling
 
When i first bought mine i had the same problem on one of the rims. They told me to bring it in to the shop and they'd take care of it. They had my car for 4 days to replace the rim.

That's the last time i'll ever set foot in that dealership again...


01:05 AM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.