Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Missing bad

974 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tbonestang 
#1 ·
I changed my plugs, wires, cap and rotor button. I have checked the firing order multiple times and made sure I had the right one for a HO 5.0 but it has half the power and is running rough... I put the same plugs back in it and a good set of wires and had a few buddies look at it but we are clueless any idea what may be wrong?

#3 ·
We check fire through all the wires and it's all good had a mechanic look a it and he said its not firing on cylinder #7 so I'm fixing to pull the plug and see double check the gap and make sure I didn't get any dirt on it. Hopefully it's the plug and not a cylinder

#4 ·
Are you positive that someone did not put a non-HO engine in it?

You can try the non-HO firing order to find out. 15426378. The HO firing order is - 13726548.

#5 ·
Trojan Horse said:
Are you positive that someone did not put a non-HO engine in it?

You can try the non-HO firing order to find out. 15426378. The HO firing order is - 13726548.
I got mad and pulled the plugs and checked the and sure enough the plug on the seventh cylinder wasn't firing at all... I actually pulled a diagram off here you posted on another thread the other day when I went to change everything and someone gave me the non HO firing order.... Everything is running great now... The old stuff was so bad that changing it made her run like a new motor once I got everything straightened out. Thanks though... You give out a lot of really good info on here and seems like you help a bunch of people with all kinds of problems. I'm new to the ford world, born an raised around Chevys but there is just something about mustangs that I just had to try one

#6 ·
:cool: Welcome, we are glad you came over from the "dark side". May your spirit be cleansed and refortified by the injection of a Mustang into your life. ;) :D

Seriously though, I am a bit of an oddity in the muscle car arena. I actually like cars from all of the big three muscle car manufacturers and if money were not an issue I would own some from each line up. I stick with Fords mainly because they are what I know best.

I try to help anyone and everyone who needs help the same as other knowledgeable people have done for me over the years. Spreading and sharing knowledge for me is a fun, fulfilling way to pass the time and ensure our future generations can have as much fun with cars as I have over the years.

I'm glad you found my information useful and if you have any further problems we have lots of knowledgeable people on here that are more than willing to help you out with any problems you may encounter. :good:

#7 ·
Hey I'm a Chevy man myself but it's impossible to find a convertible Chevy that in ok shape or not so Dan high priced. Me owned 4 80s camaro ,2 80s firebirds one that we put a 87 gnx motor in 72 cutlas vert w31 , 72 camaro 78 camaro , and buick gsx sorry boys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.