Mustang Evolution Forum banner

HIDs on headlights

10K views 87 replies 17 participants last post by  infamous281 
#1 ·
I'm wanting to put HIDs on my 2000 gt. I found so many on the net I don't know which one to use. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get them from?

#11 ·
1slosix said:
Yes headlights with non factory hids are illegal...but thats ok :) most cops dont car as long as its not a crazy color...

That being said i only run ddmtuning kits...i love their price, quality, and warranty :)
Ive seen the 120k color around here before and i say how the hell do you see with those?? Its hard enough with 10k

#14 ·
vvme was the only kit i ever had go out on me...that was my first time using an HID kit. almost got me to go back to halogens but a friend got me to order a ddm kit and i haven't gone back since :good:

but i've heard good things about vvme though so my issue may have only been a random event

#18 ·
here you go man...if you just want a single beam kit for the bulb type pick 9007...if you want a hi and lo then pick the 9007 hi/lo bulb (of course it'll add to the cost)..color temp is up to you. i'm a 5-6k person myself

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

you don't need anything else like the harness or eliminator...all you need are the bulbs and ballasts that come in the initial kit :)

#26 ·
Mfore33 said:
the headlight is a 9007 bulb and the fog is a 899 bulb.

the way the bulb fits in the housing is different
Oh ok. Awesome. So I need the 9007s for headlights? And 899 for fogs. Sounds good. Thanks SO much for all the help!

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

And this is just a "plug and play" kinda kit?

#28 ·
98StangKid said:
Do I need 35W or 55s?

And sorry for all of the questions. Haha.
Go 55W I did 35 and regret it, they're not bright enough IMO, well dark smoked lights don't help much

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.