Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang GT (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/)
-   -   How hard to install an xpipe? (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t315499/)

Mustang32Bill 10-27-2012 10:44 PM

How hard to install an xpipe?
 
I'm getting a xpipe next week and just wondering if I could install in my driveway with jacks?

DDTCM 10-27-2012 10:54 PM

It can be done but it's much better on a lift.

Mustang32Bill 10-27-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDTCM
It can be done but it's much better on a lift.

Any experience with the magnaflow tru x xpipe?

back n a stang 10-28-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill (Post 1360513)
I'm getting a xpipe next week and just wondering if I could install in my driveway with jacks?

Man a lift and you will only cuss half as much.Ramps or driveway period you will be a ill MF before its all done.The magnaflow is pricey and IMO UPR is a good way to go.Be sure you have all the correct tools when you do and to make life easier spray all points with zep or something at a minimum of several hous before starting.I have do it and have put my catted X back months later.If you do not have the right tools and want to buy some good stuff with lifetime warranty PM me.I am a tool man and my truck is loaded with what you need.Be easy on 02 sesors.dont cross thread puttin in.Spray the thread area of them too.You can get by but I would is a 02 socket. GL man. Whats the rest of ur exhaust?

Mustang32Bill 10-28-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by back n a stang
Man a lift and you will only cuss half as much.Ramps or driveway period you will be a ill MF before its all done.The magnaflow is pricey and IMO UPR is a good way to go.Be sure you have all the correct tools when you do and to make life easier spray all points with zep or something at a minimum of several hous before starting.I have do it and have put my catted X back months later.If you do not have the right tools and want to buy some good stuff with lifetime warranty PM me.I am a tool man and my truck is loaded with what you need.Be easy on 02 sesors.dont cross thread puttin in.Spray the thread area of them too.You can get by but I would is a 02 socket. GL man. Whats the rest of ur exhaust?

I'm getting it off of a friends friend for $150 that's the only reason I'm getting magnaflow lol but I have some cat deletes that I may throw on as well just not sure yet and I have slp loudmouth ab on now.

back n a stang 10-28-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill (Post 1360584)
I'm getting it off of a friends friend for $150 that's the only reason I'm getting magnaflow lol but I have some cat deletes that I may throw on as well just not sure yet and I have slp loudmouth ab on now.

No if it can be had then get the X he's got.Those delete pipes are piece **** unless you don't mind welding.clamping don't work like descibed. Thing you need to look at is your existing pipe size vs. pipe size of magna X. What year model car is your find selling it off of? You already know what tools and best way to take yours off? So your over axle pipes are what. I think u are saying its all stock except slp AB. Just be sure on size and fitment and what year car he bought that X. Look to see if its the exact same as one on sites for the coyote

Mustang32Bill 10-28-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by back n a stang
No if it can be had then get the X he's got.Those delete pipes are piece **** unless you don't mind welding.clamping don't work like descibed. Thing you need to look at is your existing pipe size vs. pipe size of magna X. What year model car is your find selling it off of? You already know what tools and best way to take yours off? So your over axle pipes are what. I think u are saying its all stock except slp AB. Just be sure on size and fitment and what year car he bought that X. Look to see if its the exact same as one on sites for the coyote

The x is 3in but where the over axle pipes connect its smaller

nosympathy 10-28-2012 04:58 PM

Hardest install part on mine was getting the passenger side bolt of the cat.

You will need a 15mm flex head socket, about 28" of extension and a wratchet.

Mustang32Bill 10-28-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosympathy
Hardest install part on mine was getting the passenger side bolt of the cat.

You will need a 15mm flex head socket, about 28" of extension and a wratchet.

I may not take the cats off yet.. So how hard just for the x?

nosympathy 10-28-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustang32Bill

I may not take the cats off yet.. So how hard just for the x?

Shouldn't be terribly hard. Depends on how many miles you have on your car I guess? I couldn't get the 02 sensors off without taking the cats and h pipe off.

Then again. Going through 1 winter with that fake salt stuff and 12000 miles made mine a total pain.

Mustang32Bill 10-28-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosympathy

Shouldn't be terribly hard. Depends on how many miles you have on your car I guess? I couldn't get the 02 sensors off without taking the cats and h pipe off.

Then again. Going through 1 winter with that fake salt stuff and 12000 miles made mine a total pain.

I only have 1300 on it so I think they should come off pretty easy... One more question now when I do it how would I know if I get an exhaust leak?

GrabberBlue5.0 10-29-2012 08:26 AM

You will hear it, and quite possibly smell it

Black5.0 10-29-2012 08:32 AM

You can see it too. Drive around for awhile then check under the car. Exhaust leak will turn the pipe black where its leaking.

Thomas11CS5.0 10-29-2012 11:02 PM

Easily done with 4 jack stands put mine up in the air done hole system in one night

Am3gross 10-29-2012 11:26 PM

Take some pics along the way if you can, I want to do mine but I am scared I will buy it and not be able to install it... I hate to pay shops to do work. If I see it once on you tube or something I am pretty confident that I can do it...

nosympathy 10-30-2012 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Am3gross
Take some pics along the way if you can, I want to do mine but I am scared I will buy it and not be able to install it... I hate to pay shops to do work. If I see it once on you tube or something I am pretty confident that I can do it...

There are install videos on YouTube.

edross 10-30-2012 07:56 AM

had my upr x pipe installed at local muffler shop for eighty bucks, done in one hour


06:03 PM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.