Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Help with bolt ons

2K views 37 replies 14 participants last post by  Graham1992 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new to the mustang world. I just recently bought a 2008 vista blue gt. and I'm in need of advice for what bolt ons will get me the most power. This is my daily driver I'm not looking to drag but I want the most power I can get out of her with out going to turbo or supercharger yet. I just installed a borla axle back, hurst comp plus shifter.my next move was some LT headers and x pipe, cai with tuner. Just want to know what would get me the most hp to awaken her thanks.

#8 ·
Caster Troy said:
Go with 4:10 gears, your car has 3:55's, you won't feel much of a difference with 3:73. Everything else you said you want to install sounds good.
+1 I love my 4.10s!!

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Caster Troy said:
Go with 4:10 gears, your car has 3:55's, you won't feel much of a difference with 3:73. Everything else you said you want to install sounds good.
CAI, FRPP intake, cams, 4.10s, headers and midpipe will make good power

#9 ·
You won't find a better mod than long tube headers.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Caster Troy said:
Just curious , have you ever had 3.73 gears ?

#12 ·
tc x 4 said:

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

Yes, I have had 3.73's on my previous mustangs which was a 2000 and a 1995. The 95 came with 3.08's and my 2000 3.27 so the 3.73 made a huge difference on both where as the 08's come with 3.55's so going to a 3.73 will not give you much more than stock and a kick in the pants difference as will the 4.10's.

#13 ·
Caster Troy said:
Yes, I have had 3.73's on my previous mustangs which was a 2000 and a 1995. The 95 came with 3.08's and my 2000 3.27 so the 3.73 made a huge difference on both where as the 08's come with 3.55's so going to a 3.73 will not give you much more than stock and a kick in the pants difference as will the 4.10's.
How many RPM's are you pushing at 75mph with the 4.10's?

#14 ·
Caster Troy said:
Ok I'm choosing 373 because a lot of people said dont go 410 if you are a daily driver and a friend of mine has them and he doesn't like how high his car revs.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Compstall said:
Best bang for the buck is always N20.
Yeah I was gonna go that route but got nervous of all the bad. So like I said I'm driving the car daily and will be entering a few shows but I will install a purge kit just for show.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

tc x 4 said:

That's what I though now does it matter what brand I get or should I stick with the type exhaust I got which is borla. I seen they cost almost the same

#15 ·
Kcstunna82 said:
Ok I'm choosing 373 because a lot of people said dont go 410 if you are a daily driver and a friend of mine has them and he doesn't like how high his car revs.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 AM ----------

Yeah I was gonna go that route but got nervous of all the bad. So like I said I'm driving the car daily and will be entering a few shows but I will install a purge kit just for show.

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

That's what I though now does it matter what brand I get or should I stick with the type exhaust I got which is borla. I seen they cost almost the same
Mine is a daily driver and I still get 21 MPG highway, 18 average.
It's up to you but everyone I know that went that route regretted it later an had to spend more money to change to 4.10's. like I said, you won't notice much difference over your stock 3.55's.
Don't fear the gear, I promise, you will LOVE your car with 4.10's.

#19 ·
That's all a matter of opinion. There are tons of people who love their 4.10s and blower combo. Then again there are this who would never do it. You have to seriously decide which type of blower you are going to go with 1st. If you do a centri then 4.10s will be great and get you to boost faster. If you do a roots style then you may not like the 4.10 because it will eat through 1st and 2nd.

Bottom line.....have a plan and stick to it. Otherwise you will be changing parts later down the line and costing yourself money.

#20 ·
DDTCM said:
That's all a matter of opinion. There are tons of people who love their 4.10s and blower combo. Then again there are this who would never do it. You have to seriously decide which type of blower you are going to go with 1st. If you do a centri then 4.10s will be great and get you to boost faster. If you do a roots style then you may not like the 4.10 because it will eat through 1st and 2nd.

Bottom line.....have a plan and stick to it. Otherwise you will be changing parts later down the line and costing yourself money.
+1

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Kcstunna82 said:
If I went 410 wouldn't I have a issue with superchargers or turbo later?
I would just go 4.10s. Honestly, you'll really like them and they will wake the car up big time.

#21 ·
I got 23 MPG HWY with full bolt ons, cams and 4.10's. Sucks in stop and go, but the way it feels the rest of the time makes it worth it.

#25 ·
Kcstunna82 said:
Yeah I finally found out I have 331 on my stang now. Where I live now there's always traffic so I've been told 410 would suck is this true
4.10s will help more with around town driving. On the freeway is where you'll lose mileage due to the higher rpm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.