Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   At the Track (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f379/)
-   -   04vs05 (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f379/t317224/)

Supersnake04 11-24-2012 05:21 PM

04vs05
 
Will a stock 04 mustang v6 outrun a stock 05 mustang v6? (I'm aware that the 05 has a higher hp, but the aerodynamics are worse, and it appears to be heavier) just wondering

silverskoundrel 11-24-2012 05:36 PM

I WANNA KNOW TOO

Supersnake04 11-24-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverskoundrel
I WANNA KNOW TOO

8| sorry!

silverskoundrel 11-24-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersnake04 (Post 1392014)
8| sorry!

HUH

Supersnake04 11-24-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverskoundrel

HUH

I thought I insulted you...

silverskoundrel 11-24-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersnake04 (Post 1392018)
I thought I insulted you...

NO. THE CAP LOCKS IS STUCK ON BECAUSE IM AT WORK!! LOL :headbang:

primer2tone 11-24-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverskoundrel (Post 1392034)
NO. THE CAP LOCKS IS STUCK ON BECAUSE IM AT WORK!! LOL :headbang:

^This guy and his yelling.:lmao:

Supersnake04 11-24-2012 05:59 PM

How did it it get stuck? Were you being naughty? Lol

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Lets get back to the topic shall we? Dose anyone know?

wc3john 11-24-2012 06:00 PM

I know and the 4.0 in the 05 will walk the 3.9 In the 04 all day every day. Manual or automatic.

Supersnake04 11-24-2012 06:06 PM

I have the 3.8 (built in 03 for the new model year) i was wondering because the 05 has 17 more horsepower, but its body isn't the best for weight/aerodynamics and the 04 was a little better in said category, but as I said before the 05 had more hp...

1lowGT 11-24-2012 06:08 PM

Only one way to find out

Supersnake04 11-24-2012 06:14 PM

Haha come on silver, hey that would be awesome, two silver/black v6 stangs haha, (I'm still working on blacking out the tails and heads) haha lets meet up!

1slosix 11-24-2012 11:09 PM

nope it'll lose...hp isn't really even the deciding factor here. although anything is possible on a track..prep and driver can mean a lot

stangiusmaximus 11-24-2012 11:13 PM

Well say both are bone stock and autos the 4.0 will win because the transmission comes stock with a 5speed compared to the 3.8 with a 4speed.

1slosix 11-24-2012 11:25 PM

honestly won't matter...you'll never use that many gears on even a 1/4

davidcseifert 11-25-2012 12:14 AM

Auto to auto it would make a difference, the older sixer just uses 2 gears and part of 3rd, the newer ones would have gotten into 4th by the end of the run, a manual 3.8 against either 4.0 would be a better race but the 4.0 would still win, it's a little heavier but it makes up for it

1slosix 11-25-2012 12:18 AM

i forget but do 05+ still have 3:27 gears with a 7.5"

Supersnake04 11-25-2012 12:29 AM

Oh I've never had my six on the track, I don't have a permit (yet) I'm about to (yay)

1slosix 11-25-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersnake04 (Post 1392696)
Oh I've never had my six on the track, I don't have a permit (yet) I'm about to (yay)

well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it

Supersnake04 11-25-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slosix

well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it

Sir you don't know me ;) I can drive like a motherf*cker I was also taught to drive by my grandfather (ex army transport driver/racecar driver (I don't remember what class), and my dad (ex pro-extreme driver) I also live in the country so I drive all the time lol so I'm good to go and I was in the j/d class when I was little so I still remember the tree

1slosix 11-25-2012 12:48 AM

knowing you personally means nothing honestly. anytime someone says they know they can drive is usually the first to cause an accident. please don't let yourself become over-confident because your relatives have driven fast things. two of my relatives are ex nascar drivers, and one now owns his own track for truck racing. i've learned things from them too...i also drag race and auto-x . however i'd say i have a lot to learn and i've been driving for almost 10 years.

davidcseifert 11-25-2012 12:55 AM

^^^this

Supersnake04 11-25-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slosix

well unless your parents sign a waiver you won't be let on 99% of tracks to actually race. liability and all lol. besides you'll need time to really learn how to drive the car before you start racing it

And with with the track problems, I have my home track by the throat, if I want the whole track to myself I have it if I tell them I want to race they let me, ect, (all backed by my grandfather) haha I once hosted a race between a junior dragster and a moped! Lol that was hilarious :D

1slosix 11-25-2012 01:04 AM

the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.

Soccerluvr4 11-25-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slosix (Post 1392744)
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.

Yes:headbang:

Venomouz831 11-25-2012 01:07 AM

That would be a good race

2300turboford 11-25-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slosix
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.

+1 I'm 16 and I have a ton of stuf to learn I can barley launch my car right there's nothing wrong with admitting u need to learn

1slosix 11-25-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2300turboford (Post 1392749)
+1 I'm 16 and I have a ton of stuf to learn I can barley launch my car right there's nothing wrong with admitting u need to learn

i know i said i wasn't going to post again but dangit after seeing you drive a 2.3 i felt like telling someone. my coworker and i just finished dropping a 2.3T into a ranger body lol. ok now i'm done in here :good:

Supersnake04 11-25-2012 01:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No that is true, But I didn't write the whole thing, we did have to present several Benjamin Franklins to do so but we have done it, and for practice I did race a moped when I drove j/d as we only had one dragster, I was practicing starting times, and that was the fastest thing on hand and here is me as a small child in front of the dragster: with my grand father and father

Soccerluvr4 11-25-2012 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2300turboford (Post 1392749)
+1 I'm 16 and I have a ton of stuf to learn I can barley launch my car right there's nothing wrong with admitting u need to learn

Hell i'm 17 and even though i have a spotless record and good grades, gotten compliments on how well i drive from neighbors, but my parents still don't want me to have a mustang yet. I have to prove that i am a fully respectful and trustworthy driver before they allow me to get one.

2300turboford 11-25-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slosix

i know i said i wasn't going to post again but dangit after seeing you drive a 2.3 i felt like telling someone. my coworker and i just finished dropping a 2.3T into a ranger body lol. ok now i'm done in here :good:

That would make a awesome sleeper

Supersnake04 11-25-2012 01:17 AM

Ok guys I'm tired of this, I really am, ok this thread has accomplished its goal now if you guys want to figure me out go ahead ask any question, I'll answer it ok? :)

Supersnake04 11-25-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1slosix
the more you type the less i believe anything you say. you seem to be a habitual liar...and unless you one up everyone you aren't satisfied. One thing i'd reccomend is for now on when you have an outlandish tale you also have pics or vids to back it up because i don't believe 99.9999% of anything you say. Your story changes from one day to the next, and nothing ever ads up. Please think hard about what you want from this amazing forum. It can be a great place if you give it the proper respect it deserves. I think i'm done posting in this thread, however i am going to keep watch over it just in case.

And I don't always try to one up everyone, hell ill even admit it, almost all of you guys could outrun me, most of you are a hell of a lot more loaded than I am, I have a high mileage v6 mustang that is on its last leg, a lot of people have GTs cobras Shelby's ect, and if I see a car I could beat I never put it down because I would not like mine to be put down by a gt owner, I'm not a bad person...

davidcseifert 11-25-2012 01:32 AM

I could have swore I've seen you put down a lot of "ricers"

1slosix 11-25-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersnake04 (Post 1392776)
And I don't always try to one up everyone, hell ill even admit it, almost all of you guys could outrun me, most of you are a hell of a lot more loaded than I am, I have a high mileage v6 mustang that is on its last leg, a lot of people have GTs cobras Shelby's ect, and if I see a car I could beat I never put it down because I would not like mine to be put down by a gt owner, I'm not a bad person...

you don't make fun of others you say?

http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f258/t310290/


12:52 AM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.