Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Nitto 555 and bullits

6K views 42 replies 19 participants last post by  silverskoundrel 
#1 ·
#15 ·
#22 ·
Tires stick great in the rain if they are warmed up first. I didn't think SC got cold enough to effect traction, but the first winter day and I hit them without warming then up first and wow was that a wild ride. But when warmed, they stick like glue even in torrential rain fall.

#24 ·
I'm looking for a set of wheels and tires and I really like this set Staggered Black Bullitt Mustang Wheel & Tire Kit - 18x9/10 (05-13) at AmericanMuscle - Free Shipping!

Does anybody know if the tires are sticky enough for a rainy Florida weather?

Does anybody know of any discounts I can get from AM. Ill really appreciate it.
Turtlestang39,

Great choice of wheels! The bullitt wheels look awesome on the S197's, definitely one of my favorite set ups. The Nitto Nt555 is a great tire, you'll love the found traction this set up gives you! All tires are going to "spin" if you stab the throttle in the rain, however the Nt555's are rated at a 9.5 out of 10 for wet traction so it's very minimal.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions or need access to the forums discount code. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

#25 ·
Get falken tires. I have the billits as well. I had the nitto for four months and they went to ****. I have had the falkens for over and year and look brand new. Every tire place I went to told me to stay away from the nitto tires. Falkens are a bit more money but well worth it.

#31 ·
OP: looks like a sweet setup. Be sure to keep us updated on how you like the tires and how long they last.

Stang23: I've heard a lot of people say they love these tires. What tires do you think are better?

I've never used nitto's, but a bunch of my buddies run their A/T's and their S/R's on work trucks and 4x4's. They last a LONG time and perform well. I loved the Falkens, but they wore out really quickly, especially considering how much highway driving I was doing. They handled really well, but the Michelin pilots handled almost as well and lasted a lot longer.

I'm not trying to start a fight, I just like to see reviews on how tires handled through the curves, at the drags, and longevity. Tires are expensive, so more info is always better.

#35 ·
I have BFG A/T's on my truck and love em. My last truck I ran Mickey Thompson Baja crawlers and then IROK Super Swampers, both great Offroad, but not the on road performance and durability I wanted. My buddy has close to 50k on his Nitto's (F250) and that's pulling a couple tons most of the time.

I just don't trust the reviews on websites, I think a lot of them are fake. We gotta inform each other and stick it to the man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.