Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang GT (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/)
-   -   winter mods (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t318925/)

winslow16 12-20-2012 11:05 AM

winter mods

ok so this winter i am looking to make my car stick a little better at the track. doing upper and lower control arms, hopefully wheels, and if all goes well a 1 piece driveshaft. im looking for some opinions on some companies to go with. ive heard good things about bmr and whiteline just want to hear from some people who have products from them.

currently my fastest time is 12.9 @115 with a 2.1/2.2 60' spinning first and/or second on stock 18s and 235s

i have koni yellows, ford racing lowering springs, adjustable panhard bar, o/r h, roush axle backs, jlt cai, and a tune. i know i should be faster then 12.9

nhcowboy 12-20-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winslow16 (Post 1425979)
ok so this winter i am looking to make my car stick a little better at the track. doing upper and lower control arms, hopefully wheels, and if all goes well a 1 piece driveshaft. im looking for some opinions on some companies to go with. ive heard good things about bmr and whiteline just want to hear from some people who have products from them.

currently my fastest time is 12.9 @115 with a 2.1/2.2 60' spinning first and/or second on stock 18s and 235s

i have koni yellows, ford racing lowering springs, adjustable panhard bar, o/r h, roush axle backs, jlt cai, and a tune. i know i should be faster then 12.9

Tires are a big thing. You would possible be low 12's high 11's as is with DRs. The U/LCA would help dramatically since you are lowered. Driveshaft won't hurt but I would do that only right before any more HP upgrades. Cost / benefit.

winslow16 12-20-2012 12:14 PM

i would love to pass on the driveshaft for now and spend the 800 on something else lol just wasnt sure how the stock driveshaft will hold up with the radials

Rynarok 12-20-2012 12:24 PM

My wintermods will consist of:

1) Not automatically turning off advancetrak as soon as I turn her on.
2) Parked in garage until the plows go through...maybe
3) weight redux on my right foot. Replace the lead with aluminum, maybe.
4) 10bucks on a halfway decent ice scraper
5) about 200lbs of medschool books in the trunk to help keep *dat **** planted.

Merry Christmas, guys :)

winslow16 12-20-2012 12:42 PM

haha funny you said that since its like second nature to me to turn off advancetrac as soon as i tunr mine on too. over where i am in jersey we got like 2in of snow at best and like a dummy and not thinking off went advancetrak (that was fun for a little)

my car wont fit in my garage since the extra fridge and freezer are in there. (my fox took a beaten from the freezer door haha)

ive been pretty good with my lead foot so far

have an ice scraper

and my trunk is full of car show bull$h!t, fold up chairs, speakers ive yet to install, helmet, yadayadayada

AMWill 12-20-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winslow16 (Post 1425979)

Drag radials, UCA, and LCA's are what you really need to get your GT to stick. I'm sure you'll be able to break into the 11's with some seat time if you do those mods. As for companies, you named the two best suspension companies that come to my mind!

An aftermarket driveshaft is a nice safety feature. If you do decide go to with some Drag radials and cut a low 60', then I would make a one piece driveshaft next on your list of mods. Some people don't have any problems with them at the power levels you'll see, but not everyone has had this luck. IMO, it's always better to be on the safe side with the drivetrain.

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with!

Shane

04:13 PM