Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   The Bar (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f99/)
-   -   No respect for our 11 plus v6 models (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f99/t325280/)

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 03:17 PM

No respect for our 11 plus v6 models

Have you ever noticed how the mustang enthusiasts always claim our v6 models are not true performance vehicles. They call it the commuter car with a little pep. What's the deal with that nonsense? I mean our vehicle stock from the factory is putting down 0-60 times between 5.3 to 5.6 seconds and 1/4 mile times between 13.8 to 14.1. All with stock tires and 2.73 fuel economy gears. Maybe I'm missing something but those numbers are no commuter car with little pep to me. That's running close to 2010 and previous Gt numbers all for 5 to 7k less than the previous Gt models. Just because a vehicle doesn't have a V8 doesn't mean it's not quick and a performance type vehicle. Clearly our vehicles are capable of traveling at speeds in excess of 140 plus with the proper speed rated tires and once the speed limiter is removed. The performance package comes with the Gt suspension and 3:31gears which is even bigger acceleration from its 2:73 gears. I'm not sure why people feel our sixers are way less a vehicle than previous Gt models and not in the same league as there Gt. The previous Gt's have really good power down low ,however they were coming with 3:15 or 3:31 gears. Our models with 2.73 gears definitely lack down low power but thats an easy fix, have 3:31 or 3:55 gears installed and its a different beast altogether. Our V6 models finally have really nice potential for mods and great power gains. I acknowledge our v6 is not in the same league as the new 5.0 models but that doesn't mean our sixers are not serious performance vehicles. Personally, I don't care what size the engine is, power is power and if Ford someday is sporting a 4 banger ecoboost that rocks out 400 HP and can send it down the 1/4 mile track in under 13 seconds, then sign me up.

Sanguin 01-24-2013 03:24 PM

It's common with any car that has a base and performance model.

The Grand Prix community treated anyone that didn't own a GTP the same way. I guarantee that Camaro boys treat anyone that doesn't drive an SS that way. No matter how fast your car is, if you're not one of the big boys that dropped an extra $8-10k on your car for the performance version, there's always a group of elitist that will snub you.

They also probably have other issues in their life too. lol

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanguin (Post 1494801)
It's common with any car that has a base and performance model.

The Grand Prix community treated anyone that didn't own a GTP the same way. I guarantee that Camaro boys treat anyone that doesn't drive an SS that way. No matter how fast your car is, if you're not one of the big boys that dropped an extra $8-10k on your car for the performance version, there's always a group of elitist that will snub you.

They also probably have other issues in their life too. lol

Lmao. I think it may be a little sour grapes that for years the Gt version was one of the big boys and the v6 model didn't even come close. Short of super charging a 2010 v6 there was no way it was coming close to the Gt model from same year. Then the 11 v6 came out and we got ourselves a different ball game. We're running maybe 2 to 3 tenths a second behind the 10 Gt models for thousands less, on fuel economy 2.73 gears and all weather non performance stock tires. Now just spend 600 bucks on 3:31 or 3:55 gears and that 2 to 3 tenths a second is no more. Our cars can pull power out from down low just like the 10 Gt can, you just need the right gears to do so. The previous Gt models came with at least 3:15 gearing or 3:31 gears so they could pull there power down low. I'm not saying that our cars are better or more than a Gt but their certainly worthy of being in the same league as the 2010 and under Gt models. Ford stepped up to the plate and made an awesome six banger of a vehicle that has huge potential for power gains without speeding huge amounts of money on its mods.

GrabberBlue5.0 01-24-2013 03:43 PM

These threads pop up from time to time, and having been on both sides of the fence, I don't really think its anyone being disrespectful necessarily, but if you wanted a car do to (something) then you should have bought the car that already does this (something). And in two more model years when the 2015 comes out people will be talking smack about the stupid 11-14 5.0's

It's just the way things are, there's always something bigger and better

SpectorV 01-24-2013 03:43 PM

there is no respect for any non v8 mustang for the most part, just how people are out there~ wont change anytime soon either :(

same with any car group, if you have the entry model or what not you get the shaft

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpectorV (Post 1494816)
there is no respect for any non v8 mustang for the most part, just how people are out there~ wont change anytime soon either :(

same with any car group, if you have the entry model or what not you get the shaft

Seems that way but interesting how our entry model is throwing numbers up as to previous v8 models. There mentality is very interesting. If the stock 2010 Gt is running 13.8 to 13.9 1/4 mile , our stock sixers are doing that as well on 2.73 gears or at least 3:31 geared ones. Fast is fast no matter what size the engine has. What's really funny is that Ford could make a v6 with 405 HP, 350 torque run 2 to 3 tenths slower than the 5.0 and the 6 banger would still be considered the commuter car with some pep

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 (Post 1494815)
These threads pop up from time to time, and having been on both sides of the fence, I don't really think its anyone being disrespectful necessarily, but if you wanted a car do to (something) then you should have bought the car that already does this (something). And in two more model years when the 2015 comes out people will be talking smack about the stupid 11-14 5.0's

It's just the way things are, there's always something bigger and better

It seems that the v6 is still not thought of in the same league as Gt models and the 11 plus sixer is a serious performance type vehicle with lots of power.

Sanguin 01-24-2013 03:58 PM

Which is why you should enjoy what you have or mold it to your preferences.

I love a v8 exhaust note, but I can't afford $400+ month car payments along with everything else. Besides, I have a deep personal obsession with six cylinders.

GrabberBlue5.0 01-24-2013 03:59 PM

Yea well we get crapped on by gt500 guys and corvette guys and bmw guys and anyone who doesn't like American cars... I'm sure your older siblings probably talked smack to you also

Midnight2012 01-24-2013 03:59 PM

What it really boils down to is people's lack of confidence in themselves. So they try to compensate. Thing is like has been said here there will always be bigger and faster.
The sad part is when people search out forums like ours just to try and make themselves feel better. Ironically we get a quick car and decent gas mileage. Gotta love that.

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 (Post 1494830)
Yea well we get crapped on by gt500 guys and corvette guys and bmw guys and anyone who doesn't like American cars... I'm sure your older siblings probably talked smack to you also

True that. I hear ya on that.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight2012 (Post 1494832)
What it really boils down to is people's lack of confidence in themselves. So they try to compensate. Thing is like has been said here there will always be bigger and faster.
The sad part is when people search out forums like ours just to try and make themselves feel better. Ironically we get a quick car and decent gas mileage. Gotta love that.

Im still getting around 29 miles per gallon and running a 91 hybrid tune. Fast is fast and I do love it

tthompson79 01-24-2013 04:28 PM

Honestly put Kona , screw em.

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tthompson79 (Post 1494853)
Honestly put Kona , screw em.

Lol

Stang817 01-24-2013 04:43 PM

Hey what's up everyone new to this site... I have a 2013 v6 and love it all the guys I work with ragged me hard until I put my buddies 93 gt to shame .. Lol he said you got a six banger and I said I will still smoke you he said mines not stock I told him it didn't matter I got you lol ... I thought he was playing with me cause I would slow down to let him catch up and then take off again finally I hammered it and he couldn't catch up and he ended up telling everyone else I was toying with him but it wasn't even intentional ...

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang817 (Post 1494875)
Hey what's up everyone new to this site... I have a 2013 v6 and love it all the guys I work with ragged me hard until I put my buddies 93 gt to shame .. Lol he said you got a six banger and I said I will still smoke you he said mines not stock I told him it didn't matter I got you lol ... I thought he was playing with me cause I would slow down to let him catch up and then take off again finally I hammered it and he couldn't catch up and he ended up telling everyone else I was toying with him but it wasn't even intentional ...

You got smoked by a v6 bro. Did you hear me! Lol

Attachment 87291

Stang817 01-24-2013 04:52 PM

Nice

wheelman 01-24-2013 05:01 PM

Sounds like nothing but disrespect for GT owners in this thread. Hmmmm...

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stang817 (Post 1494883)
Nice

I think it's great you smoked your buddies GT and put him in his place.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 1494886)
Sounds like nothing but disrespect for GT owners in this thread. Hmmmm...

I love the Gt's bro it just seems that v6 owners are always getting ragged on because we didn't buy the GT model. There is still this stigma that the v6 is not a real performance type vehicle which is just not true since 2011.

Stang817 01-24-2013 05:07 PM

Thanks me too

Jstilly85 01-24-2013 05:08 PM

You don't have a cobra... You don't own a really mustang anyway. WHats the difference.........j/k

nosympathy 01-24-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 (Post 1494830)

This is very true. Always someone to rag on someone else. We still get our beat downs, us 5.0 guys.

I don't hate the V6, a lot of really gorgeous girls drive them....wait...:D

DDTCM 01-24-2013 05:08 PM

Why don't you V6 owners tuck your labia's back up into your vaginas and stop crying like a bunch of chicks.

Just kidding..........I like all vehicles and they can all be built to be fast. It doesn't or shouldn't matter what people say as long as you are happy with your vehicle. Don't let it get to you.

Stang817 01-24-2013 05:09 PM

And not trying to disrespect anyone's ride but when you constantly get disrespected its nice to show them new v6's are no joke

Venomouz831 01-24-2013 05:12 PM

Just don't pay attention to them really if you do and make a thread about it then that means its getting to you. You bought you're car for a reason, if you couldn't get a 5.0 then it's all good love what you got, I got a 99 cobra and don't care if people give me crap for not going to an 03-04 and I didn't because I couldn't afford it but i still love it.

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 05:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by nosympathy (Post 1494895)

This is very true. Always someone to rag on someone else. We still get our beat downs, us 5.0 guys.

I don't hate the V6, a lot of really gorgeous girls drive them....wait...:D

Lol. Like this one.

Attachment 87292

wheelman 01-24-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 1494888)
I love the Gt's bro it just seems that v6 owners are always getting ragged on because we didn't buy the GT model. There is still this stigma that the v6 is not a real performance type vehicle which is just not true since 2011.

There's the other side of the coin too: six owners that are just plain jealous b/c they couldnt afford the GT b/c all muscle fans want to go faster. Ive owned both and I would never knock somebody's car just b/c it didnt have a minimum number of cylinders. If it's fast & looks badaz, what else matters? But I never thought less of GT owners before I was one. Then again, I didnt try to line up against them either, like they try with me, so it's all about the individual. Some people are just fools; a lot of people in fact.

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomouz831 (Post 1494900)
Just don't pay attention to them really if you do and make a thread about it then that means its getting to you. You bought you're car for a reason, if you couldn't get a 5.0 then it's all good love what you got, I got a 99 cobra and don't care if people give me crap for not going to an 03-04 and I didn't because I couldn't afford it but i still love it.

This is way off topic but don't you find it funny how they named a mustang ,cobra. Why stick a snake emblem on a vehicle that's a horse. Since when do horses like cobra snakes. It's a pony car but call it a name of a snake. Silly

pwrby4d 01-24-2013 05:23 PM

GT500KR guys Talk **** about GT500's,GT350's and Shelby GT's as well as 5.0, SVT Cobra etc.. All the way down the line. Go to the Mustang Cobra Sites and read them bash Shelby and vice versa. GT owners with Forced induction will look down on all motor GT owners cars... It is the same as you looking down at a Honda Civic.. Buy what you like and can afford.

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheelman (Post 1494907)

There's the other side of the coin too: six owners that are just plain jealous b/c they couldnt afford the GT b/c all muscle fans want to go faster. Ive owned both and I would never knock somebody's car just b/c it didnt have a minimum number of cylinders. If it's fast & looks badaz, what else matters? But I never thought less of GT owners before I was one. Then again, I didnt try to line up against them either, like they try with me, so it's all about the individual. Some people are just fools; a lot of people in fact.

I'm not sure if v6 owners are jealous . Well maybe some are but maybe they just didn't want to spend the extra loot on the 5.0. I love the 5.0 but not enough love for me to have spent the extra 7 grand to buy it. Just because someone can afford to spend 30 k plus on a vehicle doesn't mean someone is willing to spend that on a vehicle.

Venomouz831 01-24-2013 05:27 PM

Most people I talk to about cars don't say mustang cobra they just say cobra. Unless you're talking about the cobra 427

pamson 01-24-2013 05:29 PM

It doesn't make a spit of differance to me what anyone says about owning a v6 stang. I'm not out to prove my manhood by the car I own. I bought what I liked and that's it. I have nothing against anyone who bought a v8, they got what they wanted. Smack against v6 is just good old hazing, I take it with good humor. By the way, I also own a v4 BMW lol.

wheelman 01-24-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue (Post 1494918)

I'm not sure if v6 owners are jealous . Well maybe some are but maybe they just didn't want to spend the extra loot on the 5.0. I love the 5.0 but not enough love for me to have spent the extra 7 grand to buy it. Just because someone can afford to spend 30 k plus on a vehicle doesn't man someone is willing to spend that on a vehicle.

Wasnt saying all are like that, just saying there are some. Sh*t I was jealous of GTs but it didnt make me not like them or their owners, lol. Now Im jealous of Ford GTs! Ha ha

2011 Kona Blue 01-24-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venomouz831 (Post 1494923)
Most people I talk to about cars don't say mustang cobra they just say cobra. Unless you're talking about the cobra 427

It just makes me laugh when I see cobra snake emblems and the words COBRA written on the back bumper of a car that's named from a kind of horse. Mustang. Horses don't like snakes. Lol

Venomouz831 01-24-2013 05:35 PM

Yea idk why they named it like that but the cobra is infamous

IanM 01-24-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamson (Post 1494926)
It doesn't make a spit of differance to me what anyone says about owning a v6 stang. I'm not out to prove my manhood by the car I own. I bought what I liked and that's it. I have nothing against anyone who bought a v8, they got what they wanted. Smack against v6 is just good old hazing, I take it with good humor. By the way, I also own a v4 BMW lol.

Same here, my daily drive is a 4-door 4-cyl 2012 Honda Accord that gets 36mpg. When I want to go fast and have fun, I get the 2011 GT/CS out of the garage. :)

It used to be the case that the V6 Mustang wasn't much to talk about in the power department. Heck, my first Mustang was a 1985 4cyl 2.3L LX model. It could barely get out of its own way! These new generation V6 models pushing 305 HP stock are to be respected, period. That is way more than my 1987 GT ever did (225HP STOCK!!), anything with that kind of power is usually fun to drive, regardless of brand or model...

Rickv09GT500 01-24-2013 05:46 PM

I see a lot of fun comments on here. Most of the guys (and girls) who own any V8 Mustang started out owning a 4 or 6 cylinder Mustang. Dont let them lie to you. It is also just good old hazing for most of them. I have owned a 97 V6 vert, 98 GT, 07 GT and now a 09 GT500. Considering the fact that the current generation V6 in likely faster than the first two and nearly a tie with the third one I dont believe anyone should be emabarassed to drive one today.When the Fox body Mustang guys with 5.0's try to rag you just tell them their car probably came stock with a 4 cylinder. The first production version of that variety off the assembly was a notchback 4 cyl turbo. It is now part of the National Parts Depot collection in Ocala, Fl.

06:18 PM