Mustang Evolution Forum banner

installing chin spoiler

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  jdavis96gt 
#1 ·
Any tips before I attempt this. Will the bumbs come out from being folded in box.

#4 ·
Its a little warmer in Cali venom lol. I got it layed out flat in the house. Somebody said not to use the hardware that came with it, is that true?

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I still got the splitters on from factory, do I need to take them off or will chin spoiler cover them up?

#9 ·
The LMR one sits flush all around, the traditional Mach 1 chin doesn't sit flush. You can either have it sit flush at the wheel wells and have he front sit back about a 1/4 inch, or have a small gap at the wheel wells but sit flush at the front... I decided to have it sit flush at the sides so it sits a 1/4 inch back in the front... I like the offset look though

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood

#14 ·
The one I got said its made little longer so it will sit flush with wheel Wells. But I wont know for sure until I go to install it lol. Going to buy some different bolts tomorrow. So hopefully ill get it installed Thursday. Unless we get more snow lol, u never know.

#16 ·
I mounted it flush in the front IMO it gives it a more aggressive look. There is a small gap at the wheel wells but not too noticeable. I didn't set mine out in the sun and it straightened out when I installed it. Best thing to do is tap it on, figure out where you want to place it on, mark the holes, take it back off, drill the holes then install with bolts washers and screws. Pretty simple installation. A definite must have if you wanna look mean!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.