Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang GT (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/)
-   -   Cs chin spoiler upgrade thoughts (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f358/t331567/)

Moto111 04-15-2013 05:00 PM

Cs chin spoiler upgrade thoughts

3 Attachment(s)
So I was looking into working on front of the car a little bit. For those who have the cs facia are the fog lights worth it i like the look but also had my factory fogs . So it's between getting the kit with fog lights or getting the kit with the 302 chin spoiler thoughts ?

These aren't my car they are off AM

ZLwhat 04-15-2013 05:19 PM

I heard the fog lights were just about worthless on CS, and that they are more for aesthetics. I happen to like the light output alot from the grille fogs but the open grilles with no emblems or the boss grille with the fog light deletes look so much meaner. If your car has factory HIDs your cut-off will also be alot lower than stop signs and street signs so those CS fogs won't help that where as the grille fogs would. I'm on the fence about it too lol

Moto111 04-15-2013 05:25 PM

Wonder if I could fit like some LEDs in there like a small strip of white ? And this is exactly why I ask if they are worthless I won't buy them lol and could just do the boss chin spoiler

ZLwhat 04-15-2013 05:32 PM

Honestly, I would retrofit another type of fog light into it if you could. I'm sure recon or some other led company has something you could mock up for those holes. I've only ever seen the CS fogs on and up close at a car show and they appear to put light directly onto the ground for only 10-15 feet in front of the car. So in a sense, they may be brighter than the grille fogs but the light output is all focused directly at the ground instead of everywhere.

I would just buy the CS chin and boss splitter for now and worry about lights later. The boss splitter makes the front of these cars look mean as hell.

nosympathy 04-15-2013 05:43 PM

They illuminate just fine for me. Might still replace them later but they get the job done.

racksteris 04-15-2013 05:47 PM

You can add hid kit to the fog light for like $50.

At least one member on there has done that.

I plan on doing that soon. There not very bright in stock form,

Moto111 04-15-2013 05:50 PM

Where could I fine one for 50? Moght look that route wana do this all one time and be done lol and thanks all

gtstyles2 04-15-2013 06:41 PM

Yea the stock halogens in the CS fogs are only there for looks... I have the factory HIDs and the fogs make very little difference... When I had the grille fogs, they were pretty bright, I just didn't like the way they looked with the factory HIDs... I will have to look into an aftermarket HID kit for the fogs... I also tried white LED H11s for them and it was a waste as well

Moto111 04-15-2013 06:57 PM

Ya I've seen it says can't use all 4 at Same time so when I change my grill il just get hid ones for the lower. For now il order the cs facia and boss splitter . Also I've read that the bumper doesn't need to come off for the cs to go in?

gtstyles2 04-15-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto111 (Post 1612246)
Ya I've seen it says can't use all 4 at Same time so when I change my grill il just get hid ones for the lower. For now il order the cs facia and boss splitter . Also I've read that the bumper doesn't need to come off for the cs to go in?

Yea u can probably do it w/o removing the bumper but it will be a PITA since the tabs are inside the bumper... If u have a 2nd pair of hands, removing the bumper is a 15 minute thing... I took it off by myself in 15 minutes and that was my 1st time

Moto111 04-15-2013 07:18 PM

Cool and seeing as how I can do it with bumper on would I install the boss spoiler on the cs facia first then install on car?

gtstyles2 04-15-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moto111 (Post 1612270)
Cool and seeing as how I can do it with bumper on would I install the boss spoiler on the cs facia first then install on car?

I think the Boss splitter might be an easy thing which it would be that much difficult to install after the CS valence.... Not sure really, I haven't gotten one yet, I plan on it sometime in the future, I'm concentrating on some performance mods first for now

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Wouldn't *

nosympathy 04-15-2013 07:26 PM

You can do the splitter anytime. I didn't find it hard to do with it on the car but others have and preferred the bumper off the car and upside down.

Moto111 04-15-2013 07:27 PM

Just to clearly pardon if its dumb lol the cs facia goes into the bumper where as the boss splitter goes on bottom of bumper right ? May just drop bumper in that case put in facia then drill bumper while its off and re install

ZLwhat 04-15-2013 08:08 PM

It way easier with the fascia off before you put it on the bumper. You have to drill 23 holes in the fascia to attach the splitter. And the bumper is just 10 bolts and some clips holding it on. Take it off and it will be WAY easier to attach the fascia

01:32 AM