Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions & Greetings (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f192/)
-   -   Greetings from Daytona Beach (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f192/t333910/)

Daytona 05-19-2013 11:38 AM

Greetings from Daytona Beach

Hey everyone.

New Mustang owner here. Just got rid of my Dodge Grand Caravan and bought a 2009 Mustang coupe. Had the car three days now and absolutely love it. So it's only a V6 pony, low mileage, immaculate condition but this car is a dream to drive.

It also seems like driving a Mustang makes you part of a community as I've already had several compliments from other Mustang drivers.

maldog 05-19-2013 01:44 PM

Congrats..... Welcome to ME :)

Daytona 05-19-2013 10:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome Maldog. I'm afraid I probably have some newbie stupid questions to ask but here goes...

#1 - I'm coming from a Dodge Caravan and a Camry before that. They were very quiet cars. My Mustang seems really loud. I guess it's supposed to be that way?

#2 - I had the car out on the highway today, doing 80mph+ the car seems rather feisty. Hit a bad stretch of road and could feel every bump in the road. Again, I guess that's the difference between driving a Mustang and a grocery getter.

This is my first pony car, I love everything about it. It's a thrill to drive. Where my previous cars were utility vehicles, this car is my baby. I'm already addicted and looking into upgrades. Would appreciate any help.

tc x 4 05-19-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daytona (Post 1657320)
Thanks for the welcome Maldog. I'm afraid I probably have some newbie stupid questions to ask but here goes...

#1 - I'm coming from a Dodge Caravan and a Camry before that. They were very quiet cars. My Mustang seems really loud. I guess it's supposed to be that way?

#2 - I had the car out on the highway today, doing 80mph+ the car seems rather feisty. Hit a bad stretch of road and could feel every bump in the road. Again, I guess that's the difference between driving a Mustang and a grocery getter.

This is my first pony car, I love everything about it. It's a thrill to drive. Where my previous cars were utility vehicles, this car is my baby. I'm already addicted and looking into upgrades. Would appreciate any help.

Welcome
#1: the exhaust has been changed, if its to loud for your taste, go back to stock mufflers.

#2: get some mitchlen tires

Venomouz831 05-19-2013 11:19 PM

Hi and welcome

tonyd01gt 05-20-2013 06:25 AM

Hi, congrats and welcome.

Daytona 05-20-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc x 4 (Post 1657332)
Welcome
#1: the exhaust has been changed, if its to loud for your taste, go back to stock mufflers.

#2: get some mitchlen tires

Thanks, The exhaust is stock, no modifications. After seeing maldogs car and checking out a video for the SLP Loudmouth, that's going to be one of my first mods. What I meant was you can hear and feel the engine but I guess you're supposed to because a Mustang isn't a Camry.

I've got brand new Cooper Zeon RS3-A's. The car handles phenomenal, just takes a bit of getting used to coming from a minivan :D

99ford 05-20-2013 10:45 AM

Welcome!

mustangchassy 05-20-2013 02:41 PM

Welcome and congrats on your new life long love :p

sjalks 05-20-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Oh man you sound just like me. I had a Toyota Sienna before my mustang but once my kids got older and headed to college I traded it in for a mustang asap and didn't listen to my wife (She's driving a Honda Civic now). When I get a new car, for the first week, I drive it SLOW. As if I have a newborn in the back. First time I drove it on a 50 mph stretch of road, no traffic, I started accelerating and the sound of the engine roaring just scared the daylights out of me. It took awhile to get used to it, but you will eventually. Congrats on your new baby!

99ford 05-20-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

#1 yes it is louder you will hear more exhaust and engine than in the caravan.

#2 Yes and yes! The 4.0 will want to go faster than 80. Mine loves going 85! You will feel more the road more since it has a live rear axle which your caravan probably had an independent rear suspension and front wheel drive

Daytona 05-21-2013 10:38 AM

Same here @sjalks, oldest just graduated college, youngest is in sophomore year. First time I've ever had a car for fun. My wife loves it and now she wants a Mustang convertible !!!

@99ford - I love the ride and handling on this car more every day as I'm getting used to it. I can't stop taking the car out for a drive. I've already put 250 miles on it in less than one week.

It's amazing how fast a Mustang becomes a complete addiction.

12:50 AM