Mustang Evolution Forum banner

WOT box?

27K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sirtat 
#1 ·
What does a WOT box do and is it for manual/auto/both?

#2 ·
It's most effective for manual transmissions. The most popular is the wot box with "no lift shifting" & "2 step launch control". No lift shifting actually allows you to change gears without taking your foot off the gas. Which would greatly improve ET's. 2 step launch control would allow you to set the rpm you want to launch at so you can hold the throttle wide open with the clutch in and it'll only rev to the preset rpm but after you launch, you'll be able to redline each gear.

I've never used one but helped my buddy install one on his Genesis.

#4 ·
I have one on my cobra. It makes driving around town more enjoyable to me...2 step at a red light generally makes ppl chicken out.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

08mustanggt said:
Would you say its worth getting and do you know how it helps with no lift shifting?
The way it works is cutting spark to hold the rpm's constant. I have mine set to 300ms and its just about perfect.

You can also get upgrades from n2mb for nitrous controller and other options.

#5 ·
WOT boxes are for manual transmission cars (usually supercharged or turbo'd) and allow what is called no lift shifting. The no lift shifting helps keep the boost built between shifts. So basically you hold the gas pedal to the floor and once you push the clutch pedal in to shift, the WOT box detects this and will cut the ignition for a set amount of time (typically up to 350ms or .35 seconds) allowing the car to be shifted easily while still carrying boost into the next gear.

Some of these WOT boxes even allow for a 2 step ignition. It's acts like a rev limiter at a set rpm when not moving.

So you could set it to 2 step to 4,000 rpm while keeping your gas pedal to the floor. Once you put the car into gear and let out on the clutch, it detects this (or will only work when the speedometer is reading 0, as soon as 1 mph is achieved it will deactivate) and then allows for full power and your normal rev limit. Basically makes launching the car at the strip easier and more consistent.

#6 ·
I have had the wot box for a few years now and love it !!! the one thing you guys have missed as well is your factory computer controls your rev limiter and by doing so it cuts the fuel !! can you say LEAN ?!?! so what I've done is bumped the factory computer up to 7000 rpm and set the wot box to 6750 that way when and if I hit the rev limiter the wot box will cut SPARK not fuel.. it is way safer especially for supercharged FI engines.. I have my "no lift shift" set at .125 sec and my 2 stage set at 4000. and yes everyone chickens out when you 2 stage at a light lol

#7 ·
tagging this for later. I am trying to decide between MSD 2 step and N2MB WOT box. Which do you have?

#9 ·
well if it does both it sounds like the way to go.
It is full time engaged too correct? And can you set multiple settings like street and track or just need to tweak the launch for track? Is there an interface or do you set it with dials?

#11 ·
there is a button that you can push and count the flashes for desired 2-step and wot shifting.... our cars stock cut the fuel for rev limiter which causes a lean situation you can use the wot box to cut the spark instead of the fuel way safer

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.