Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   2005-2010 Mustang GT (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f256/)
-   -   Front Sway Bar Question (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f256/t344274/)

jellyroll 11-06-2013 09:50 PM

Front Sway Bar Question

Hey All,

I just had the luck of picking up a bunch of suspension parts off of a wrecked Foose Stallion convertible. My question is that the front sway bar is part 7r335482ba which comes up as a GT500KR bar. Anyone running a GT500 front sway bar and if so is there any reason why I should not use it (please don't post this part is better than that, because I just want to know if anyone had any issues with the part - thanks). The Foose car was a 2007 vert with less than 6k on the odometer.

I am beat from reading through posts on the Internet (my head hurts), so thanks for any help you can give me.

Aggiesrok 11-06-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyroll (Post 1849955)
Hey All, I just had the luck of picking up a bunch of suspension parts off of a wrecked Foose Stallion convertible. My question is that the front sway bar is part 7r335482ba which comes up as a GT500KR bar. Anyone running a GT500 front sway bar and if so is there any reason why I should not use it (please don't post this part is better than that, because I just want to know if anyone had any issues with the part - thanks). The Foose car was a 2007 vert with less than 6k on the odometer. I am beat from reading through posts on the Internet (my head hurts), so thanks for any help you can give me.

I think the biggest concern is matching the rear sway bar. If they are not properly matched it can cause under steer or oversteer. But I would think it would be worth getting GT500 front sway bar. It's gotta better than stock.

jellyroll 11-06-2013 10:16 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I also have the FRPP rear sway that came off of the same car. I know FRPP did the suspension on the Stallion, but I was shocked to see the GT500KR front sway bar. Also sorry for stealing your avatar pic idea :)

Aggiesrok 11-06-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jellyroll (Post 1849990)
Thanks for the quick response. I also have the FRPP rear sway that came off of the same car. I know FRPP did the suspension on the Stallion, but I was shocked to see the GT500KR front sway bar. Also sorry for stealing your avatar pic idea :)

No problem the more CS mustangs the better. I think those would be great together.

nunjabusiness 11-09-2013 08:46 AM

I hope that stallion was blown up or flooded and not "impact" wrecked or you may have to straighten parts taken off it. I would be a bit leery.

That being said, I would jump on any of those parts that are good.

12:16 PM