Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (
-   1979-1995 Mustang GT (
-   -   Which Intake? (

Vettn71 02-02-2014 12:25 PM

Which Intake?
I know I need an Explorer intake and heads. My question is, which year(s)should I look for. I've got a 95 and want to keep the EGR



5.oh 02-02-2014 06:05 PM

96-98 I believe had the egr setup. Later then 98 had the hole but didn't work with the setup.

5.oh 02-02-2014 06:06 PM

Btw you can do what I did and just switch and say f the egr. And leave the egr there wether it works or not doesn't really make a diffrence.

scottydsntknow 02-03-2014 07:42 AM

For internal EGR you need the 96-early 97 explorer stuff. The intake will have a hole in the middle and a bung on the #5 runner. The hole in the middle is a provision for the internal EGR. The heads will need to be the 3 bar GT40s, NOT the GT40P heads which are 4 bar.

If you just say f the EGR then any exploder stuff will work but I'd still try to get the earlier GT40 heads just to avoid issues with the spark plug angle.

07:42 AM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.