Mustang Evolution

Mustang Evolution (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/)
-   2011-2014 V6 Mustang (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/)
-   -   ETCH Guard???? (http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f356/t356556/)

Stealth_Gray 07-24-2014 05:27 PM

ETCH Guard????

Hi guys,
Recently I saw a dollar amount on my invoice associated with ETCH GUARD and wanted to know from my dealership what it meant! The response was its a 7 digit alpha numerical no. on your car's glass and it deters from professional car thieves from stealing your car!

Seriously? is that true! or was he cooking something to me!

Socal Stangman 07-24-2014 05:34 PM

Its true. I had that on a car once, personally I think its kind of BS. I wouldnt buy it given the choice.

smurf stang 07-25-2014 12:18 PM

What they do is engrave the vin into the glass so if your car is stolen it should deter the thieves to part out the car since parts of your car are connected to that vin.

ronnie948 07-25-2014 12:39 PM

There is no way a crook will steal your Mustang with that on the glass.

I think this is a great idea. When a car thief goes to the mall to steal your Mustang while you are in a movie or shopping they will see the number on the glass and and not even think about taking your Mustang.
They usually steal the new cars by just towing them away with a pick-up mounted snatch & Go rig. Of course before they snatch and go with your Mustang they will get out and look at all the window glass to see if any numbers are engraved. If so your car will be safe from stealing.
If no engraving, Your car will be gone and you will never see it again.

I'm sure engraving the glass with the VIN number is a very good thing for the dealers to sell you. I'm also really sure it will prevent your Mustang from being stolen.
Just what the heck they gonna think up next to make $$$$ on a car???????
Ronnie

Stealth_Gray 07-25-2014 01:41 PM

And also it's just not any amount! its 300 USD! :( They almost took away money for one of my mods!

ronnie948 07-25-2014 01:49 PM

You gotta be kidding---Right?????

DUH ! $300.00 Ugh !!!
I'm gonna throw up. I'm sure you gotta be joking. Really $300.00 Really????

I guess they don't know the Vin is on a tag on the left side of the dash.
That dealer sure is lucky he did not try to stick me with a $300 charge to etch my glass.
Ronnie

PS: Does any body else on this forum have this??????

white14v6 07-25-2014 06:15 PM

I have the vin on the left side of the dash

VIG 07-25-2014 07:19 PM

I hope your salesman at least took you out to dinner before he ****ed you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Stealth_Gray 07-25-2014 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VIG (Post 2052912)
I hope your salesman at least took you out to dinner before he ****ed you.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is my first car and I didn't know what all that was and I guess he sneakingly put that in my invoice! Coz that particular day i had no idea about it!

BlackPonyIHave 07-25-2014 08:38 PM

I think you guys are confused about etch guard. If it gets stolen, I get my money covered in the loss.. here is a link for more info.... http://globalguard.info/productsetch.html

4.6, K&N CAI tuned, torque bar, SLP Exhaust

Stealth_Gray 07-25-2014 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPonyIHave (Post 2052937)
I think you guys are confused about etch guard. If it gets stolen, I get my money covered in the loss.. here is a link for more info.... Welcome to GlobalGuard.com

4.6, K&N CAI tuned, torque bar, SLP Exhaust

Thanks for sharing the link! I still think it's a bit gimmicky + I'm pissed because I don't think I was well informed on it when I was signing the papers! I might not have taken this given a choice!

I do know that I have paid for GAP, ESP etc but not this!

cameron43 07-25-2014 09:13 PM

Wow that is ridiculous

ronnie948 07-26-2014 12:10 PM

He should have recieved paperwork.

I sure hope Stealth Gray received some paper work for the Etch guard. If not, He needs to go to the dealer and get some sort of print out. All of the insurance in the world is not worth anything without a policy in your hand to show you are paid up.
Ronnie

Stealth_Gray 07-26-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnie948 (Post 2053162)
I sure hope Stealth Gray received some paper work for the Etch guard. If not, He needs to go to the dealer and get some sort of print out. All of the insurance in the world is not worth anything without a policy in your hand to show you are paid up.
Ronnie

In fact I'm going right now to them to ask for some sort of proof of purchase and if other dealership etc will honor it!

02:06 AM