Mustang Evolution Forum banner

17 inch bullet rims what size tire to use ?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Simon2308 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, Im new to owning a Mustang it is an 2004 ,v6 3.9 with a GT package profile, it has 16 inch rims but I baught a set of 17 bullet rims that have 245/45 17 on them, I worried about spacing. 1st do I need to get spacers for the rims and second what size tire should I look to put on that won't give me an issue as well as brand. I got a price of 650 out the door for a set of Pirelli P7 + in a 245/45 17. Don't know if this is good or not . Thanks in advance for any help with this.

#2 ·
The widest tire that will fit on those rims are 255's. Personally, I think that the 245's fit perfectly on an 8 inch rim.

I recommend reading some reviews and descriptions of different brands of tires to get a better idea of what each brand has to offer, and which may be best suited to a particular use that you have in mind for your car.
TireRack has a pretty informative website. It will give you info regarding pricing, tire performance, etc.

#4 ·
Stock size. Not sure why you are worried about fitment, 245/45/17 is what the factory puts on those rims for that body car.

Reactions: Simon2308
#6 ·
I Used 1.5 Spacers Front 2" Spacers Rear,17"X9 AM Classic 5 Spoke Wheels with General G-MAX AS-03 Tire 245/45ZR17SL 95W BW All around. Spacers Give Me Staggered LQQK But Can Still Rotate Tires. Don't Skimp On Spacers, Buy Good Ones With Plenty Of Meat Around Studs. Safety First, Had One Break On Me Once, Never Again!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.