Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Baton Rouge: Get Together Saturday 1/10/09

8K views 183 replies 13 participants last post by  Brent 
#1 ·
Ok, jimmy Beener is coming into town from Iowa on Jan 9th. So, I was thinking we could get together and down some drinks or grab some food of some sort while he was here.

Throw out some ideas on what to do...however I believe we should go to Hooters as rumor has it he has never been to one. :eek::wtf2:

#2 ·
:lol: it's true... it's true :cry:

#5 ·
OK Hooters it is.

hey you wanna try hooters in Denham?
they got lots of parking
:lol: I should be there through Sunday... prolly get down there on Friday. This is my winter vacation before spring semester starts :lol: :lol:

#6 ·
I'm open for suggestions, he'll be here 3 days, so lots of time to hit up a hooters. I'm good with whatever...and we don't even have to get food if we don't want to. Just wanted to get the idea of getting together out there early.

#9 ·
Hell, I haven't done that. :lmao:
the furthest south I've been is Panama City Beach... but I was drunk the entire time. Other than that, the only time I've been south was Arlington, TX for about 90 minutes. so yeah, I haven't done anything in Louisiana ever... since I've never been. :uhh::):)

#10 · (Edited)
Is he old enough for strip clubs? im down though. i spent the whole last saturday at the hustler club bourbon. vip, balcony the whole 9 yards, can see if I can get the same **** going again. paid like 10 buck per person last time minus drinks, but you could leave and come back as much as you wanted to drink your ass off somewhere cheaper and come back :D and the balcony bead wars between strip clubs was fun as hell also. nothing like mostly naked chicks trowing beads at each other :D :D

#11 ·
#13 ·
I'd be game for pretty much whatever. I'm excited. I just have a stupid amount of bus work next week and then I get the rest of break off. Though luckily all my bus work will cover the whole trip for me :)

#14 ·
What time are you leaving IA? It's about a 14 hour or so drive if I remember from when I drove it. Then again, we were like 5 hours away from hitting a major interstate...

#15 ·
:lol: I'm swinging into Dallas to meet up with a couple friends there Thursday, and then I'll should be set to leave over there in time to get over there whenever you're good to meet up (read... when you're off work Friday). I think it's a 6 hour drive from Dallas. I bought a Garmin nuvi 260 earlier this fall... so finding my way won't be any issue :)

#18 ·
With no traffic issues, google claims just under 7 hours. So, figure on 7 hours to get here unless you hit traffic...which, coming down I-10 you will hit a wicked snarl as you enter baton rouge crossing over the new bridge if you end up there anytime between 4 and 6 pm.

None the less, I'm sure you won't get to town before I get off work....so I'll just need to know what time you'll be leaving dallas to know when to expect you.

#24 ·
I'd prolly leave there around like 8 am.

#19 ·
well I took a little longer cause I was pulling a 35ft trailer.
if you get in before rob gets off I can meet you. I set my own hours

#25 ·
******* blizzards. The best part about driving bus during breaks... the bus never gets canceled. Luckily I can walk to work from my house. I just wish the people knew how to ******* drive. I got to follow these fuckers doing 5-10 mph for the first 2 hours I was driving. Who stops at the bottom of the hill before trying to go up it?

#27 ·
that doesn't make me feel better... at all. It's 10 here. I still get to drive some more tonight... 4:40-6:40. "perfect" :disgust::disgust: I can't wait for that heat wave when I go down there :love::love: I'll have to dig out my summer clothes :uhh:

#30 ·
you can make it from dallas to baton rouge in about 6 hours with no problem. when i was 18 i made it there in 5 hours and about 15 minutes. making 2 stops yes we were hauling ass. but 6 hours would be no problem at all. drive at about 85mph and 6 -6 1/2 hours is all it will take.

#33 ·
that's what I normally do. I'll just have to limit my drinkage intake.

In other news, ice and snow today. Yesterday I threw on my new LED 3rd brake light (black)... afterall, the car needed an xmas gift too. Of course, the o/r x-pipe will have to count as a new year's gift :uhh: ... and perhaps it needs some birthday gifts towards the end of January... :lol:

#37 ·
Black Mustang LED Third Brake Light (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
you can get it half price at eBay...
pics:
AmericanMuscle.com - Customer Images - View
the only thing I don't really like about it is that the middle seems a little "high" to me. In other words, doesn't sit completely flush. But the stock one had the ends winged up and is cracked and scratched.
^ nice thinking that sounds like a plan Decator is not that long of a walk when your drinking
haha, I'm excited... but I'll stick to mixed drinks. My he-*****-self hates beer :disgust:
If needed we can all pile into the dulley for the trip to N.O. so we don't have to try to park all the stangs and don't have a bunch of people driving back with a buzz. " that can end bad in sports cars"
yes, no driving after drinking :good:

#36 ·
If needed we can all pile into the dulley for the trip to N.O. so we don't have to try to park all the stangs and don't have a bunch of people driving back with a buzz. " that can end bad in sports cars"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.