- User Lists
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 11
- 6) Which color wires are the audio inputs for these amps?
7) Does the audio feed through the small connector toward the back of the car or the larger connector toward the from of the car?
5)Which color wires are the audio input feeds for these amps in the connector under the kick plate just aft of the hood release?
I realize these are common problems and questions, and your answers may help a lot of other people. As such, please feel free to post this as a thread.
Thank you in advance. Enjoy the beach this summer, memorial day is just a few weeks away.
- My questions are these
1) Is/are there fuse(s) on the power source lines to theses amps?
2) If so where is/are it/they?
3) Which color wires are the 12 volt power sources for these amps?
4) Does the 12 volt power source feed through the small connector toward the back of the car or the larger connector toward the from of the car?
5)Which color wires are the 12 volt power sources for these amps in the connector under the kick plate just aft of the hood release?
- Additionally, several times during the winter I got very loud "blats" which sounded like feedback loops through the stereo during rainy or damp weather. I would shut the stereo off, and the problem would go away after the weather and car dried out some. The blats would not cut off when the stereo was turned off, but would fade out. I suspect this was the coil and caps in the amp discharging.
Useful information about the workings, and particularly the wiring/pinouts for these 460 units is scant, and what is available is often incorrect. Troubleshooting without knowing what does what is darn near impossible.
- Anyway, enough old memories, you seem to be the guru re: the mach 460 audio system. My questions are simple and concise. The Mach 460 in my 2003 GT convertible is completely stock so there are no compatability issues in the mix.
However, like so many others about 3 weeks ago my woofers stopped producing any sound. All 4 tweeters (mirror mounts in front and top 2 drivers in back) still work, just no bottom anywhere. It is worthy of note that it was a very rainy winter here in Lower Slower DE, and the inside of my car was wet alot. The convertible top leaks, and water collects in vinyl that covers the amps and convertible top motor.
Hello from a fellow Long Islander, now transplanted to the DE beach. Your picture by the Jones Beach Toll Plaza brings back great memories of Beach Boys and Jimmy Buffett concerts in the 80's and 90's. This post is long and I will send in sections. Sorry, but I really do need your help.