2011 Shelby GT500 Super Snake With Optional 800 HP
Shelby American announced on Sept. 14th, it will offer a Super Snake package for the 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 with new styling and an optional 800 horsepower tuned engine. Shelby announced earlier this month the conclusion of the Super Snake package for the ’07-09 models by years end. Shelby American facility in Las Vegas and one of the official Shelby Mod Shops with build a limited number of 1000 of these packages beginning in September.
“Ford Motor Company did a marvelous job making the 2011 model year GT500 lighter and more powerful,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “Our team applied its experience building Super Snakes over the past several years to offer a package that dramatically increases the new car’s capabilities. And with the visual changes we’ve made, it will be a definite stand out on the road or track.”
“We extensively tested our mods for the 2011 model car before we decided the package was ready for the public,” added Gary Davis, vice president of production and R&D at Shelby American. “For those who want more performance than the stock GT500 offers, the Super Snake will definitely meet their expectations.” The 2011 model will have more power, a new anthracite wheel, white stripes and new side scoops are optional.
“We’ve only offered black stripes and chrome wheels on the Super Snake since we introduced the package a couple of years ago,” noted Davis. “With the serious advancements made to the 2011 model year, it was time to differentiate it from the previous generation car. So we added an 800 horsepower tune, optional wheel, side scoop and stripes to make it easy to spot the new Shelby Super Snake.”
The 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
- Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars, and front strut tower brace
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio
- Shelby/Ford Racing supercharger upgrade producing over 660 HP and 590 ft.-lbs. of torque
- Either a Shelby/Ford Racing or Shelby/Kenne Bell supercharger kit producing 750 HP with upgraded drive shaft, billet twin 75mm throttle body and exclusive badges
- Optional Shelby/Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
- Borla exhaust system
- An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is also available
- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
- Short-throw shifter
- Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
- Optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
The 750 HP package installation is $30,245 excluding the price of the car. Customers that are interested in the ’11 Shelby GT500 Super Snake package should call (702) 942-7235 or log onto www.shelbyamerican.com.