Ford Rolls Out Ford Mustang For SEMA 2006
If you happen by the Ford Motor Company display at the 2006 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) show in Las Vegas next week, you might think youâ€™ve wandered into the Ford section of one of the many thousands of aftermarket companies that fill the hall. On the contrary, the company that builds two of the most accessorized vehicles in the country, the F-150 pickup and the Mustang, is just claiming its rightful share of the $34 billion vehicle personalization market.
Ford Mustangs making the appearance at SEMA 2006 include the following:
– The Project Mustang GT by Ford Vehicle Personalization. Crafted with 25 Ford Racing Performance Parts and Genuine Ford Accessories available off-the-shelf, this Project Mustang GT manages to run 16 miles per hour faster on the quarter mile than the factory-ready GT and looks great doing it.
– 40th Anniversary Shelby GT500. Only 1,000 conversions produced, this 40th Anniversary Package GT500 celebrates all of the best in 40 years of Shelby performance. Exterior styling points include unique 40 th Anniversary badging and sequential number plates, while the interior sports unique Shelby touches such as the Shelby door handles with snakes.
– Ford Mustang GT Convertible by Stitchcraft Interiors Inc. Although this Mustang GT comes equipped with a Vortech supercharger and MAGNAFLOW performance exhaust, the real story is inside. Stitchcraft interior upgrades and accents, seats, custom audio fabrication and installation and Relaxor seat massagers make this one luxurious ride.
– Ford Mustang GT drop top by K-daddyz Kustomz. This GT has been customized from tip to tail by K-daddyz Kustomz. Performance enhancements like the pro-charger supercharger and Nitrous express system set the tone for the whole vehicle, which also features Dupont HotHues paint and shaved door handles, gas door and GT emblems.
– 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302. The 1970 Mustang Boss 302 is a prime example of the American muscle car. Brilliantly restored, this is one of only 7,014 of its kind and features the famous 302 CID Windsor engine, a 4 Barrel Holly Carburetor and decades of memories.
– Ford Mustang GT. Drawing on the true spirit of Mustang, this is one wild pony car. The top was chopped one and three-quarter inches and then it was painted a magic black custom mix of orange pearls. The car adds a ducktail wing, Vortech supercharger and a Clarion audio/video/security/navigation system for one uncontrollable ride.
Ford is also using SEMA to showcase its array of Genuine Accessories and Ford Licensed Accessories, including chrome parts for cars and trucks and a selection of Ford-specific electronics such as TripTunes, MP3 interface and headrest DVD entertainment system. An impressive wheel display features more than a dozen choices, including three Bullit wheel designs for the Mustang.