SEMA Photos: The “Last Ride” Mustang Tribute To Joe Gosinski
When getting things ready for this past SEMA show, I knew there was one Mustang I wanted to see in particular and was one of the first things I marked down on my SEMA to-do list. This Mustang was the “Last Ride” ‘Stang, a custom tribute ride honoring the late Joe Gosinski, owner of Chicane Sport Tuning in Torrance, CA, whose death sent a shock wave through the Mustang community when he was tragically killed in his own shop two days before Christmas last year. Still nobody has been caught despite the huge monetary rewards posted.
Sal Valdez, close friend and customer of Joe’s, came up with the idea for one last project in his memory and with the help of the Mustang community, his build was finished and featured in the Thorley’s Header Booth at SEMA this past week. The custom Mustang features products from Saleen, Trufiber, Vossen Wheels, Hellwig Motorsports, Vortech Superchargers, Corbeau and more. Matt Bernal gets credit for design and build of this sweet ‘Stang with painted logos. No actual decals on this bad boy! It was an amazing car to see in person. See below for a full mod list!
LAST RIDE MODS BY BRAND
– Doug Thorley Long Tube Tri-Y headers, X-pipe and cat-back system exhaust
– Vortech Superchargers V3-Si trim
– Ford Racing BOSS 302 Manifold supplied by CJ Pony Parts
– Nitrous Express-N-tercooler spray kit and purge kit
– Falken Tires
– Saleen Speedlab – Fully adjustable coil overs
– Saleen Speedlab – Front grill
– Hellwig Motorsports – Adjustable Sway Bars
– Vossen Wheels – CV3 Wheels
– Trufiber – Carbon Fiber Hood, Decklid, Front and Rear Lower Splitters, Side Rockers, Radiation Cover
– RK Sport – Carbon Fiber Roof Skin
– Corbeau – LG1 Race Seats, Harness Bar, Harnesses
– D-BASF – Custom Paint
– L&G Enterprises – Painted the car and laid down Custom Stripes
– California Pony Cars – Engine Dress-up
– Custom Car Cover by Cover King
– Silverhorse Racing – Custom Billet Fuel Door
Other Sponsors Include: RPM, Mother’s Polishes, Amsoil
And that’s not all, next up includes a rear seat delete kit, a full roll cage, and some forged internals for the engine to pump up the boost on that Vortech supercharger!