Manual v6. Performance Recommendations - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Manual v6. Performance Recommendations

Alright, so I was able to finally join this forum hoping to find some useful information anyone can give! In Feb I just got my first manual car, my dad's the only one who could ever driver manual, his sister, nor my grandma could, I'm the only girl in the family who's wanted to. I've come to terms with becoming more interested in vehicles since then, love finding new stuff to throw on my stang.

Would anyone recommend any mods to add performance to my mustang? I can't find a lot of blogs, or even forums that don't say much. Usually it's videos, but most people go for the look, but I want to make this a project car partially, I'll do that later. A lot of seals need to be redone, some cosmetic. He needs some tender care, an old man from Florida owned it, then a kid, I'm the third owner with 73,000 miles under my belt. So I'm preparing for a long life with it.

Soooo yeah, throw em at me? And if you got anything else.
Redesiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2018, 03:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Soooo, what year?

Welcome to MEVO.

07 V6 Coupe
17 Charger SRT
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
I'm gonna assume a 99-04 because its the pre 2005 forum. This is going to come off as dickish but its not... suspension, cosmetics, shifter and just drive it. Maybe MAYBE a windstar intake if you are feeling really froggy. The 3.8L is not fast in any universe, its not worth spending any money on trying to boost performance in these cars. Your best bet if you want to go faster is to take any money you'd spend into mods, put it aside, then sell your V6 and take all the money you have and get a GT.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #4

Sorry, there was no actual placement (also this website acts up a lot when I'm on it?), for it, but it's a 2003 v6.

Nah, I'm not really trying to make it fast at all though for now, I'll probably pick another car up in the future. I was swapping out from a ford focus with 200,000 miles and got this guy. I'm just trying to redo a lot on it since no one cared for it, so want it to just last for now, but I just don't want stock parts on it. I planned on putting a cold air intake in it for one, just can't really think of much else to do, aside from spark plugs, basic stuff. Speed isn't so much of a go get for me atm, I live in NJ and cops are a-holes, and mostly hill, and turns, least until I move outta the state.

But, thanks I'm glad I could join.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Cold air intake does nothing but add noise and underhood bling. Pretty much everyone installs one anyway. Nothing wrong with stock parts. Sometimes OEM is better than aftermarket, sometimes not. It all depends on the part. Good luck with it and don’t be afraid to ask questions.

07 V6 Coupe
17 Charger SRT
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Why don't you want stock parts? They are generally the best parts to get when it comes to actual engine/driveline components for the SN95s. If you just want it to last then DEFINITELY replace anything broken with stock parts and then upgrade stuff that actually would be beneficial like the shifter or suspension with aftermarket.

And yes cops can be dicks in NJ, but that's because NJ drivers are idiots for the most part. I know... I lived there for most of my life.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:36 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
My first upgrade was a swaybar kit. It makes the car feel more solid in any curves. If you like the feeling of driving curves, I would then recommend wider tires to increase your contact patch with the road. My 2000 has a V-6 and I am not in it for the launch or speed but for the handling in the curves.
Adfalenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

IRS swap for curves. If you've never done one with a proper bushing kit I'll tell you you are wasting your time with the stick axle for handling.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 05-13-2018, 11:03 AM   #9

That was something definitely I was going to do, so I appreciate that offer. It definitely needs bushing too, as well as control arms since it was in Florida, and the salt water is a killer.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang