1994 V6 Convertible Rear Window Leak - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
1994 V6 Convertible Rear Window Leak

Hi all,

Don't worry, it's not the usual question!

I have found out where and how the water is getting in - the window is slowly coming away from the fabric it is stuck on to at the bottom of the glass, working it's way up gradually so I need to reseal it.

So all I need to do is re-stick it back in - should be a relatively simple task, apart from access to it, but that's another issue.

The question I have is, what glue product would be recommended for this? I am assuming something thin that I can spread (and obviously do it when it's dry!) but I am unsure what would be the best to go for.

With the downpour we are currently experiencing I am expecting to get home to a goldfish bowl tonight!

Thanks in advance.

Regards

TMW
tmwsccsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Hi,

Sorry, forgot to add, I'm in the UK so any US-Based products recommended may not be available here.

Done some reading on Rhino Glue, for example, which seems to be a winner, but we can't get it on this side of the pond.

Oh, and there was indeed enough water in there for some fish...

Thanks in advance.

TMW
Old 08-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Hi all,

So did some reading on similar problems with other makes (Corvette, Audi, etc.) and it appears this is not a unique issue.

Something that came up several times was 3M VHB Tape - mixed successes, some good, some bad. But I need to do something to took a punt and ordered a roll. It arrived this morning and I have just been round the window fitting the fabric back on at all places it had come loose - basically, from just below the heated rear window elements on both sides all the way round to the same place on the opposite. Awful stuff to work with as it is so sticky, but it's in and I now see what things are like in 24 hours once it has had time to fully bond...

TMW

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang