Air bag recall on Passenger side ?????????????????????? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Air bag recall on Passenger side ??????????????????????

Has anybody had the recall done for the airbag defect on the Passenger side done,
How bad of a fix is this,??
I got the drivers side done but now it is the passenger side.I hate anybody tearing into my flawless totally rattle free 2012 Mustang.
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2018, 08:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I did. You can't tell anyone even touched it. I have the brushed aluminum panels. I did take pictures beforehand just in case they hacked it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 09:59 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Mines been done. You can't tell.
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2018, 10:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
It's not rattle free! There is a "BIG" rattle in the in the driver's seat.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMtang View Post
It's not rattle free! There is a "BIG" rattle in the in the driver's seat.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Painless, quick, not noticeable or rattles!
Rickster1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:21 PM   #7
RBK
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I had a 2012 up until a few months ago and don't remember ever getting anything to have the passenger's side changed; I did have the driver's side changed. I also had a 2011, which I totaled, and I continue to get mail from Ford telling me I have to change the driver's airbag. According to the person who answers the 800 number on the notice, it is impossible to stop these letters, and I called twice. They have outsourced the notification process to a 3rd party who gets the owners information from the State DMV and unless the state stops sending them my name I'm going to continue to get these notices forever, as I was the last owner and the junkyard never changed the title over to them. I no longer live in the state and you would think after not buying plates for 6 years they would stop sending my name out. I must receive 12 letters a year about the recall, once I got two in one day, any ideas how to get those idiots at Ford to remove me from their mailing list?
RBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBK View Post
I had a 2012 up until a few months ago and don't remember ever getting anything to have the passenger's side changed; I did have the driver's side changed. I also had a 2011, which I totaled, and I continue to get mail from Ford telling me I have to change the driver's airbag. According to the person who answers the 800 number on the notice, it is impossible to stop these letters, and I called twice. They have outsourced the notification process to a 3rd party who gets the owners information from the State DMV and unless the state stops sending them my name I'm going to continue to get these notices forever, as I was the last owner and the junkyard never changed the title over to them. I no longer live in the state and you would think after not buying plates for 6 years they would stop sending my name out. I must receive 12 letters a year about the recall, once I got two in one day, any ideas how to get those idiots at Ford to remove me from their mailing list?
Call ford directly and tell them.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:47 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Did all those who have had their passenger airbag replaced due to a recall receive a notice from Ford. I received such notice for the driver side airbag a while back and had such replaced with no issues, but have not received such notice for the passenger side nor was I aware of such recall.
rgwest61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:58 AM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
I understand you wanting to keep dealer booger-diggers off your interior lol. I had to fix a passenger door window mount that was loose on my Mach. I was super gentle and careful with the door panel and all the various screw free type fasteners. My damn door handle plastic assembly doesn't fit quite right anymore now. Pisses me off lol.
Old 10-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Yes, received a notice from Ford. You can run your vin# to see if your pony was affected.
Rickster1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Funny thing with my GT is the driver side airbag was done and now I have a recall on that very airbag. After knowing for over 2 years my local ford dealer finally has the passenger air bags for both of my 3V’s.

Pick your poison.
Recon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Got a recall for the passenger side inflator (had drivers side already done) in the mail today. Drove it down to my local Ford dealer and had it replaced. Around 45 minutes to do and can't tell it had been touched I should be finished with all this air bag inflator crap
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 12:52 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
I had my driver side done a while back. A few weeks ago I went in for an oil change and they told me I had a recall on the pass. side. I went in yesterday and in about thirty minutes they had it replaced. No issues, rattle, or anything. When they gave me the car back, I had my airbag light on, the tech took the car back and plugged his scanner in and fixed it. Drove it home, about thirty five miles, no issues, warning lights etc.
CycloneS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 02:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Both sides are now done,
Then I just heard they are recalling Honda's again because the replacement parts were just as bad as the originals they replaced.
It was on the NBC news Friday morning.
Ronnie
Old 03-17-2019, 03:01 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
Mine also completed and No problems at all.
Old 03-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Thanks for that Ronnie,,, We received the notice for our passenger side a couple of weeks ago and I've been procrastinating because like you we have no rattles in our 14 and we don't trust our local dealer so we go else where. Now I'll wait a little longer to see when they come out with a revision.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:53 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via Skype™ to Gravydog316
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Both sides are now done,
Then I just heard they are recalling Honda's again because the replacement parts were just as bad as the originals they replaced.
It was on the NBC news Friday morning.
Ronnie

That started when they first started replacing the airbags!
They had to replace the replacements!!

Sent from my iPod touch 7 beta using Mustang Evolution
Old 05-01-2019, 07:36 AM   #19

What year Mustangs were affected in the recall?
a_bartle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 08:15 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Mine is a 2012 and if you call a Ford dealer they can probably look up your car by the VIN # to see if you are on the list.
Ronnie

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > Pre-2005 V6 Mustang