Mustang Evolution Forum banner

06 GT coolant leak between head & manifold

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jbone007 
#1 ·
Leak is at back corner between manifold and head

Traces of orange coolant

Coolant in valley between manifold and head
​​​​​​​

I have a 2006 Mustang GT with an M90 Roush supercharger I installed about 10 years ago. I noticed a small coolant leak on the top of the engine at the back of the intake manifold on the driver side. In that little Valley between the intake manifold and the head at the rear of the manifold I found some coolant leakage.I like to get a second opinion before I start. This is strange to me because there is no water passage between the manifold and the head back in that corner. Any thoughts?

#3 ·
I've got a follow up.
On this Roush setup, the intake manifold and that water crossover pipe on the front of the engine are all one unit.
I removed the manifold and it appears that the drivers side water passage (front top of engine block) has a seal which failed and allowed coolant to leak out and migrate under the manifold surface that bolts to the drivers side head and accumulate in that back top corner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.