Fresh rebuilt 5R55S - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:35 AM   #1

Region: Texas
Fresh rebuilt 5R55S

Recently I had the 5R55S automatic transmission in my 2006 GT rebuilt.Got the car back,ran and shifted normal.3 days after I got it back I was driving home and it wouldnt shift into 5th.It disengaged 4th and RPMs increased but no power to the wheels.Hit OD button and downshifted back to 4th.Turned OD back on.This time it wouldnt disengage 4th and stuck in 4th.Pulled over,had it towed home.Checked fluid level and it was good.Any ideas guys?Having it towed back to shop that did the rebuild but Im curious what Im in for with this.
chris9969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2019, 09:28 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9969 View Post
Recently I had the 5R55S automatic transmission in my 2006 GT rebuilt.Got the car back,ran and shifted normal.3 days after I got it back I was driving home and it wouldnt shift into 5th.It disengaged 4th and RPMs increased but no power to the wheels.Hit OD button and downshifted back to 4th.Turned OD back on.This time it wouldnt disengage 4th and stuck in 4th.Pulled over,had it towed home.Checked fluid level and it was good.Any ideas guys?Having it towed back to shop that did the rebuild but Im curious what Im in for with this.
In for some serious questions posed of the repair shop......
65 k car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 02:33 PM   #3
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Sounds like the shop ****ed up. Hopefully they make it right.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #4

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris9969 View Post

If they didn't replace the torque converter the first time it was likely contaminated. I replaced mine with a PA Automatic rebuilt Super Streeter and this also happened. Luckily they fixed it for just the cost of shipping but on their advice I replaced the torque converter before I reinstalled it. That was 3 or 4 years ago and it's been great since (knock on wood.) Mine was an 06 GT that went at 38000 miles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 Mustang GT