Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2010 Governor!

8K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  GrabberBlue5.0 
#1 ·
What is the Governor set at on the 2010 Mustang Gt?

#7 ·
I'm pretty sure its 155 as well. I only hit 140-145 in my 2010 GT and have only got my 2011 up to about 125-130. I want to get out to an open track that has a huge straight to see what I can really do. This car scares the defecation out of me ... at 130 it's still pulling hard as ****.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

C&D says 149

C/D TEST RESULTS:
Zero to 60 mph: 5.1 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 12.5 sec
Zero to 120 mph: 18.2 sec
Street start, 5–60 mph: 5.6 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.7 sec @ 104 mph
Top speed (governor limited, mfr's claim): 149 mph
Braking, 70–0 mph: 164 ft
Roadholding, 200-ft-dia skidpad: 0.92 g
Source: 2010 Ford Mustang GT – Instrumented Test – Car and Driver

PS - this is your one free "I will Google that for you."

#14 ·
keving54b said:
Why did ford set a governor? And would happen to the car if you go above 140?
The speed governors are usually in place because the stock tires will fail if you go any faster. Or like with the 3'7Ls, the two-piece driveshaft might fail (there are videos that show this happening). That's why I always try to recommend to V6 owners that they upgrade the tires and driveshaft before removing the governor

#17 ·
Yea mine is still pulling pretty good when it shuts down. I think I hit 155 about once a week on the way to work early in the morning when I catch a few other fast cars that wanna go.

#18 ·
keving54b said:
Why did ford set a governor? And would happen to the car if you go above 140?
Governor has to do alot with the tires they put on and the maximum capabilities individuals parts need to perform to. I could go on for days, but it is also partially for insurance purposes as well. And when it shuts off, it's just the fuel that cuts off until you get below a certain speed, no harm will come to your car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.