Race tune problems P0781 - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2014, 04:23 PM   #36

Region: Virginia
U Gatta keep lowering the shift pressure untill the problem is solved did u flush the tranny?
Tangtang2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #37

Region: Florida
Send a message via Yahoo to KATO
STORY

Hey, ya'll keep going with this story, it's good information.
Old 06-23-2019, 05:00 PM   #38

Resurrecting this thread

Hello Mustang Evolution members!

New here and trying to find out what is the solution to this issue. I keep getting this codes P0781 and P0712 after 50 miles of driving with the new tune. American Muscle tuning department keep sending me new tunes but my 2000 GT keeps rejecting the tune. The first week the tune lasted about a week and then the code P0781 pop out and I put the car back to stock and after a week the code never came back. A week later AM sent another tune and this time only lasted 20 miles and the code pop out again. AM sent another tune and this time I got the P0712. Anyone here has resolve this issue? I started to wonder if my transmission lines are clogged because only in the summer the car loses power. Any help will be appreciate it.
Last summer I bought a remanufacture transmission and nothing change.

Thanks!
AlmostSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2019, 12:18 PM   #39
Lorraine's driver

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmostSaleen View Post
Hello Mustang Evolution members!

New here and trying to find out what is the solution to this issue. I keep getting this codes P0781 and P0712 after 50 miles of driving with the new tune. American Muscle tuning department keep sending me new tunes but my 2000 GT keeps rejecting the tune. The first week the tune lasted about a week and then the code P0781 pop out and I put the car back to stock and after a week the code never came back. A week later AM sent another tune and this time only lasted 20 miles and the code pop out again. AM sent another tune and this time I got the P0712. Anyone here has resolve this issue? I started to wonder if my transmission lines are clogged because only in the summer the car loses power. Any help will be appreciate it.
Last summer I bought a remanufacture transmission and nothing change.

Thanks!
Really sounds like it's the tune AM is giving you that's the problem. I read that you flashed the stock tune back on and no codes came up, correct? MANY have had issues with tunes from AM. You might consider getting you tune from a different email tuner. I go mine from LasotaRacing.com, but there are others that do this very well.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #40

Thanks for your help! Correction: The last code was P0782 (which is 2-3 shifting points) but the car runs without the tune very crappy in the summer. In the winter or any day that is under the 50's the car sounds great and is pretty fast. I have no CEL as stock. My GT feels like is running with 4 cylinders on hot days only. Is this normal? I check the IAT and it reaches 140 while am stuck in traffic. How much power these cars lose during the summer? I used to live in Miami FL and I never had an issue like this with BMW's, Mitsubishi's, Mazda's and even a Mustang v6. So why this car with barely 80 degrees is running sluggish or heavy? I took the car to at least 12 shops and no one can find an issue. A new transmission was installed last year and it didn't resolve anything.

Thanks!
Old 06-26-2019, 03:21 PM   #41
Lorraine's driver

Region: Indiana
Mustangs always seem to run hot, like really hot. My Mach will show the temp gauge needle straight up all the time, winter or summer. But it definitely seems to be down on power when it's 80 and real humid or over 85 outside. It never over heats, but you can tell there's some heat soak going on. Runs like a dog with the AC on too. Best thing you can do is make sure your radiator is clear on the outside of debris and the fans work. Make sure the radiator fluid is fresh every couple years and no pressure leaks. Higher heat outside can also make pre-ignition/knocking/pinging etc more prevalent if your tune is too aggressive. That's the problems I had with AM.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:02 PM   #42

I see, well I flushed the radiator coolant last month with the "orange" one which is for summer and 170 thermostat but still runs like crap. I'm going to buy a new radiator eventually. I don't use the A/C that much because I have a vert. I wonder how other Mustangs sound great in the same weather. Either way, I'm saving those tunes for the winter lol

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2019, 09:23 AM   #43
Staff
Staff

Region: Europe
Your problem is the AM "tune". Get an actual tune.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT