Mach1 won’t start - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2019, 05:18 PM   #1

Region: Maine
Mach1 won’t start

Hi guys, I own a 2003 white Mach1 I’ve owned since new. I was taking it out of storage and I started it up it ran a little rough brought up the rev’s and it seem to clear out notice some white smoke and cleared just a short moment. Was letting it run and I noticed a light pop from exhaust and a stumble. Went over to bring rev’s up and it died. Went to restart and a no go. Checked fuse for fuel pump it’s good, I also check power to pump and that was in range. Can’t hear pump humming. I did check relay because I thought since I had power to fuel pump relay was working. I checked the inertia switch and it was fine. I guess my next step is fuel pressure tester. Also am I right about the relay. Little back ground on my car all stock except for tune and exhaust. The car did have any codes, also only ran for 10 min.
About 8 years ago almost to the day, the fuel pump died. Is there a problem with these stock fuel pumps, they put the stock one back in from Ford and was done by a dealership. . Also if there is a better which one will work and last the longest. Thanks
csm5652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2019, 08:47 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yes. A fuel pressure test should be your next step.

Do you often run the gas tank down below 1/4 tank before filling it up?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 04:28 PM   #3

Region: Maine
Some times all depend just seems like 8 years with this fuel pump is the manic number. Going to pick up a tester tomorrow after work and test it.
csm5652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Do you put some sort of fuel stabilizer in your tank prior to putting her away for the winter months? I put Royal Purple Max Clean in mine with a full tank and drive it for a couple of days to let it get throughout the fuel system. I started doing this in my lawn mowers and my snow blower. They all start on the first pull in the spring since doing this. I think this is especially importable now that they put ethanol is the mix. I still need to get a battery tender, but since doing this, my Mach runs so much smoother when I start her up after sitting for weeks and months at a time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT