Looking for help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-25-2019, 10:06 PM   #1

So I just pulled a 95 mark 8 teksid block looking to build it to put in my 04 gt my goal is to make around 800- 1000 hp I’m going to send the block to the machine shop to get freshened up what forged kit would you guys recommend and can I get to that level I’m looking for with a kenne bell mamouth kit or should I just be looking to turbo or twin turbo it as well what heads would you recommend stick with my 2 v heads or get a good set of 4v
Rbarnes80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 02:05 AM   #2
Staff
Staff

Region: Europe
Stock fresh C heads, stock forged crank from a Cobra, billet rods and probe pistons.

You'll also need to completely overhaul the suspension, chassis, fuel, driveline etc...

What are you trying to do with this car? What are your goals? Have you ever had a 4 figure HP car before much less 500 or 600?

Looking at about $20k for a well done 1000hp built car and that's if everything goes to plan.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 06:50 AM   #3

Honestly I haven’t ever owned have driven my buddy’s 72 nova with 700 hp car a few time and my uncles 76 fair months that had close to 900 hp but that’s about it so I have had the feel of it. And pretty much street car I’d like to take it to the strip a few times to actually get on it but mostly for bragging rights I suppose. And it’s a project car so it’s nothing that I’m trying to get done right this second gonna take my time with it but would like to accomplish it within the next couple years
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #4
Staff
Staff

I'd say you start with just a good build and a supercharger. Make the bottom end 1000hp capable if you WANT but not really needed. Start at 400-500 and move up from there.

Honestly if you want to do it the easier and probably cheaper (or the same price) way, sell your car and buy a new 2019 GT. Exhaust, tune and tires and those run 10s.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:53 AM   #5

Right on yeah I’ll just do that and slap a blower on it and see where I land would you recommend a 3.4 Whipple or 2.8 kenne bell mamouth
Old 07-27-2019, 09:50 AM   #6
Staff
Staff

TVS 2.3 and you'll be good for more power than you'll be able to use on the street. You need to make sure you can put that power to the ground.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT