New Edge GT throttle - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2019, 10:04 PM   #1

New Edge GT throttle

Hey guys, so I have a 2002 GT and my gas pedal has a lot of slack in it. I have heard a lot about a “gas pedal mod” to help and also the option of getting a new throttle cable. Could anybody tell me if they have any experience with this? A buddy of mine and I both have sct x4’s that display guages and he seems to get a little bit more throttle than me. (I get 924 on flat.) Would anybody also happen to know what max throttle should be on these? I just would like a solution to get max throttle and to make it little easier if possible to heel/toe. Thanks!
theelectricwafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
The cable can stretch over time so a new cable could help. The gas pedal mod consists of putting spacers under the gas pedal where the cable attaches to it to tighten the cable up. If you google the gas pedal mod there are forums with pictures and how tos.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:58 AM   #3

Region: Kentucky
I've watched several of the videos to DIY. Has anyone else on here done it? If I do it, I'll go with something a little more sturdy than just zip ties.
rhdy586 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT