Pulled these numbers off the Whipple site. Seems pretty impressive. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:54 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Pulled these numbers off the Whipple site. Seems pretty impressive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3058.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	324.8 KB
ID:	258405Attachment 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tman1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tman1020 View Post
Attachment 258405Attachment 1

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3057.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	483.1 KB
ID:	258407

Old 06-11-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Attachment 258407

A stock 4.6 with nothing but the Whipple kit.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
A stock 4.6 with nothing but the Whipple kit.

Wow! Wonder about cost, drivability, MPG, durability - cheaper tp get a 5.0???
Old 06-13-2019, 06:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfca View Post
Wow! Wonder about cost, drivability, MPG, durability - cheaper tp get a 5.0???

The 5.0 is awesome but
I don’t think it would be cheaper. I guess it just all depends on how you go about it. And I don’t think a 5.0 even with bolt on’s can get close to those numbers. It would probably be more durable though.

Old 06-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Dyno numbers are dyno numbers. A well setup Gen1 Coyote street car should be able to run low 11s at sea level. Get 1/4 and MPH stats before you slob the whipple knob. I mean yeah its good but on stock 2V cams your redline is still 5800 or so.

Whipple plus cams plus a bottom end to be able to reliably support that=big money. More than selling your car and buying a Coyote or just Coyote swapping.

Brand new 2019 Gen 3 Coyote will make those numbers with just an exhaust and tune as well and run a 10 second 1/4.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Dyno numbers are dyno numbers. A well setup Gen1 Coyote street car should be able to run low 11s at sea level. Get 1/4 and MPH stats before you slob the whipple knob. I mean yeah its good but on stock 2V cams your redline is still 5800 or so.

Whipple plus cams plus a bottom end to be able to reliably support that=big money. More than selling your car and buying a Coyote or just Coyote swapping.

Brand new 2019 Gen 3 Coyote will make those numbers with just an exhaust and tune as well and run a 10 second 1/4.

Well I for one thought it was pretty impressive for a 3valve. And who doesn’t love the sound of a pd supercharger Plus not everybody wants A coyote.

Old Yesterday, 08:38 AM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Numbers are about what any 4.6L makes with a blower and boost turned up. A 2V with a basic S trim will make damn near that, pump the boost up and it'll hit 500 as well. The rods are on borrowed time at those numbers tho.

No not everyone wants a Coyote, I'm just saying that don't get carried away with dyno numbers and thinking you can just drop a blower on a 4.6L and beat up on Coyotes, not gonna happen. Plenty of dudes at "cars and coffee" with dyno slips that have no idea what their car would actually run at the track and likely would lose badly to a car making less power that is actually properly setup.

There is something to be said about not having a car payment or $$$ insurance but you still need to pay to play. Swapping to a Gen2 Coyote engine is a lot cheaper than a blower build, is a complete drop in at this point in the game, will make big numbers and even get great gas mileage to boot.

The PD blower does sound great.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Numbers are about what any 4.6L makes with a blower and boost turned up. A 2V with a basic S trim will make damn near that, pump the boost up and it'll hit 500 as well. The rods are on borrowed time at those numbers tho.

No not everyone wants a Coyote, I'm just saying that don't get carried away with dyno numbers and thinking you can just drop a blower on a 4.6L and beat up on Coyotes, not gonna happen. Plenty of dudes at "cars and coffee" with dyno slips that have no idea what their car would actually run at the track and likely would lose badly to a car making less power that is actually properly setup.

There is something to be said about not having a car payment or $$$ insurance but you still need to pay to play. Swapping to a Gen2 Coyote engine is a lot cheaper than a blower build, is a complete drop in at this point in the game, will make big numbers and even get great gas mileage to boot.

The PD blower does sound great.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Ford Mustang | Wrenching, Care and General Topics > General Mustang Discussion