New to Forum. Having an issue. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2018, 11:41 PM   #1

Angry New to Forum. Having an issue.

Hi there:
My name is Chris. I have had a 2007 Ford Mustang V6 Coupe now for 10 years. I love my ride. In May of this year, I was having issues with my car....no crank, no start. I took it to a couple of guys I know and a couple of service stations and the one service station told me that it was my after-market starter/alarm, charged me $500 to unhook the alarm/starter, and seemed to have fixed the problem. However, I've never had an issue before, and I've had the starter/alarm since I bought the car. My family took a trip from Edmonton, Alberta to Apple Valley, Minnesota and again I was having the no crank/start issue, right after I shelled out the 5 bills to fix it. But while on vacation, here's what is really odd...my 16-year-old daughter can get it started. I've asked her what she does differently, and she said that maybe she turns the key a bit farther than I do. I tried everything with no success. Sometimes it would start, sometimes it would not. While in Apple Valley, I went to an auto parts store, O'Reilly's, and bought an ignition switch and had a friend replace it. After that, absolutely no issues. Until now. Now I have the same issue. No crank/start and the remote starter will not start the car as well. EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE AS BEFORE. I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what is going on. Battery test is fine. Starter test is fine. I've used the remote to lock and unlock the doors, thinking that maybe that needed to reset. Folks, I'm at my wit's end. Could the ignition switch have worn out in 5 months? Has anybody had this issue with their Mustang before? If you have, what did you do to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
CHolowenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Washington
Googling “2007 Mustang V6 no crank, no start” brings up a whole page of people who’ve had this issue.......does it happen after the car has been running for a while or only after it has been sitting overnight?
Guard 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:03 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Could be a simple as wire came loose after they removed the remote starter. When it happens you will want to check to see if power from the starter switch is getting to start at the starter relay up to the starter.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mhenry13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang