Heater hose. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #1

Region: Illinois
Heater hose.

Hi all. I bought a Haynes manual today (no help)and googled for more than 3 hours trying to find what needs to be done to remove the heater hoses from the firewall. I want to replace all the hoses. I have a 06 V6. Thanks for any help.
fiftyslost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What part do you need help with?
Is it the quick-release connectors that are giving you trouble?
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:11 AM   #3

Yes the quick connect. I wanted to know if is possible to remove the hoses from the firewall without removing the intake manifold and what method to use. I have not started the replace. Waiting on the rest of the hoses. Trying to find out what I'll run into beforehand. Thanks for responding straybullit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2019, 10:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm not totally sure, as I have the previous generation of Mustang, but I would be surprised if changing any of the coolant hoses required disassembling the intake manifold. It should be fairly straightforward, with the usual frustrations of working in a confined area.
You will need to get a set of tools to release the quick-connect hoses, if you don't have them already. Sometimes the quick-connect hoses can be stubborn to remove, just keep at it and they will eventually come loose.
Just work slow and methodically, carefully inspecting each hose to determine the best way to remove them. If something does happen to need to be removed to provide easier access to the hoses, be sure to document how it was connected so that it can be reinstalled properly.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I'm not totally sure, as I have the previous generation of Mustang, but I would be surprised if changing any of the coolant hoses required disassembling the intake manifold. It should be fairly straightforward, with the usual frustrations of working in a confined area.
You will need to get a set of tools to release the quick-connect hoses, if you don't have them already. Sometimes the quick-connect hoses can be stubborn to remove, just keep at it and they will eventually come loose.
Just work slow and methodically, carefully inspecting each hose to determine the best way to remove them. If something does happen to need to be removed to provide easier access to the hoses, be sure to document how it was connected so that it can be reinstalled properly.
Thanks straybullit. I'll see if I can find a tool for the quick connectors. The tabs are at the end of the elbow.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #6

I took a picture but can't figure out how to post it.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:25 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You can purchase an inexpensive set made of plastic, or, most of the "big box" auto parts stores will have a set of "loaners" that you can borrow.
Again, not positive that your car has the same type of heater hose connections as mine, but you will see what type that you have, and what will be required as far as tools go, by inspecting the new hoses.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #8

[IMG][/IMG] Thanks much.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:32 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiftyslost View Post
I took a picture but can't figure out how to post it.
I haven't used it for.some time, but I used to use the Mustang Evolution app to post photographs.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I haven't used it for.some time, but I used to use the Mustang Evolution app to post photographs.
And you might need a certain amount of posts for the photos to post immediately. Otherwise,the photos may need to be approved by management before they will post.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #11

Thanks for all the help.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:54 AM   #12
RBK
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I don't know if this applies to your situation but it used to be that the heater hose would connect directly to pretty flimsy tubes coming out of the firewall that are part of the heater core. If this is the case be very gentle when removing those hoses, what I use to do is take a razor blade knife and slit the hose from the firewall towards the engine and then carefully peel it off the tube; do not go pulling on it with any force as nothing good will happen if you do.
RBK is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2005-2010 V6 Mustang