3.7 forged internals - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #36
Registered User
Newbie
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
Hey guys....great thread. I am installing a procharger on my 3.7 with 45k miles after I maxed out on power with NA. I have full stock internals though...I am having the procharger installed by a great shop here in Southern CA and it will be dyno tuned...he has done many supercharger tunings but not on a cyclone.

Looking to run 8psi-9psi boost (as procharger sets for stock) using a 3.70 pulley (to makeup for lost boost with my ported intakes...).

My question is, can the cyclone internals handle this ? Can this motor handle a procharger safely ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-19-2015, 05:08 PM   #37
Registered User
Newbie
 
ronnie948's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Daytona Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 4,016
There are more then many on these forums that just threw on a procharge on a 3.7 V6

I don't think your going to have a problem. Just put it on and enjoy the power. The 3.7 already has a forged crank and forged rods along with oil cooled pistons. Unless your going to be racing it every weekend and flogging the car every single day there will be no problem.
Ronnie
__________________
2012-candy red- V-6 MCA, Automatic Trans. CFM Valve cover breather. MMD blackTail light trim.Magnaflow axle back street mufflers, JLT oil catch can.MMD hood struts.
Airaid Cold Air intake. red caliper covers, 3.7L performance engine cover, Flat black hood spears.Boss 302 strut brace, CDC rear panel, Trunk Cargo net,--Dash carpet cover,
Viser stickers to cover ugly yellow warning crap,Aluminum driveshafft and Swarr Bar.
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 07:00 PM   #38
Registered User
Newbie
 
alrefire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom80 View Post
Hey guys....great thread. I am installing a procharger on my 3.7 with 45k miles after I maxed out on power with NA. I have full stock internals though...I am having the procharger installed by a great shop here in Southern CA and it will be dyno tuned...he has done many supercharger tunings but not on a cyclone.

Looking to run 8psi-9psi boost (as procharger sets for stock) using a 3.70 pulley (to makeup for lost boost with my ported intakes...).

My question is, can the cyclone internals handle this ? Can this motor handle a procharger safely ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Yes, you'll be fine
Just make sure someone experienced with the 3.7 tunes it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
alrefire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #39
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 83
How much hp are you hoping to make with your pro charger set up


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
2014_MCA_Vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 02:50 AM   #40
Registered User
Newbie
 
grom80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Los Angeles
Region: California
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014_MCA_Vert View Post
How much hp are you hoping to make with your pro charger set up


Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

Not sure...I want to keep it at 8-9psi boost and tune it safely...


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
grom80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 08:58 AM   #41
Registered User
Newbie
 
smurf stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,344
Secret is in the tune.
__________________
2016 VW GTI 2.0 Turbo

1989 Sonic Blue LX Coupe, 349 ci, TW heads, TFS Track Heat Intake, 75mm Accufab TB, 80mm ProM, 30 lb. inj, TKO, 3.73, 31 spline w/ TruTrac, MAC 1-5/8" LT headers w/ H pipe, Flowmaster, electric fan Moates QH
391 rwhp & 424 rwtq...Mustang Dyno [email protected]
smurf stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:56 PM   #42
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Louisiana
Region: Alabama
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post


Pistons and rods are the only things you need, and head studs.
The stock crank is fine. Just make sure you polish it and balance the rotatng assembly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
How well will the stock crank hold up to?
3sevenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:17 PM   #43
Registered User
Newbie
 
bamaboy2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Carrollton,
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Yes, you'll be fine
Just make sure someone experienced with the 3.7 tunes it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Can these Cyclones hold 10?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrefire View Post
Yes, you'll be fine
Just make sure someone experienced with the 3.7 tunes it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Can these Cyclones hold 10psi?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #44
Registered User
Newbie
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Winston Salem
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy2014 View Post
Can these Cyclones hold 10?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------



Can these Cyclones hold 10psi?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
From my experience, and what I have read, no. Don't go over 8psi of boost.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 05:10 PM   #45
Registered User
Newbie
 
bamaboy2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Carrollton,
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
From my experience, and what I have read, no. Don't go over 8psi of boost.
What have you experienced???😬

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:49 AM   #46
Registered User
Newbie
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Winston Salem
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,256
Blew up 3 engines. First was a bad tune, second was too much boost. Was supposed to be only 7 or 8 lbs but went to around 15. Third one I caught the overboost and got out, swapped to a 3 lb spring in the wastegate and got 7 lbs. I think that the end problem on that one though is the installer forgot to do the crank relearn procedure and I eventually burned a hole in a piston.

I pulled the turbo after that and sold it. The guy I sold it to said he was planning 10 lbs of boost. I advised him against that because everything I read and what MRT owner Scot Hoag (who built a 3.7 for SEMA and raced that car) said, 8 is the max with the 3.7 head deck design. He thought that I was wrong and blew up within a few months.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:27 PM   #47
Registered User
Newbie
 
bamaboy2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Carrollton,
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Blew up 3 engines. First was a bad tune, second was too much boost. Was supposed to be only 7 or 8 lbs but went to around 15. Third one I caught the overboost and got out, swapped to a 3 lb spring in the wastegate and got 7 lbs. I think that the end problem on that one though is the installer forgot to do the crank relearn procedure and I eventually burned a hole in a piston.

I pulled the turbo after that and sold it. The guy I sold it to said he was planning 10 lbs of boost. I advised him against that because everything I read and what MRT owner Scot Hoag (who built a 3.7 for SEMA and raced that car) said, 8 is the max with the 3.7 head deck design. He thought that I was wrong and blew up within a few months.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
What do you think I can hold with forged internals, and some head work???

Sent from my SM-N950U using Mustang Evolution mobile app
bamaboy2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:04 PM   #48
Registered User
Newbie
 
JimC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Winston Salem
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,256
The floating/open deck will still be an issue.

I can't remember for sure now, but I think that the guy I sold my turbo kit to had some engine work done. Maybe not fully forged, but some.

Livernois Motorsports had a plate or something to address the floating/open deck that they developed for the Ecoboost 3.5, and it would work on the 3.7.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:51 AM   #49
Registered User
Newbie
 
Pelayo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Madrid - Spain - Europe
Region: Europe
Posts: 54
I have been reading the whole post, and in no time I have seen anything of the torque, which is usually what ends up killing the car since the change cannot with the increase in torque. In Europe, people prefer to put a compressor on a turbo ... why? the compressor increases the torque (along with the power) in the average rev ranges, while the turbo does not, the compressor does not need to intercooler while the turbo does ... the compressor only has one stick ... steals power to the crankshaft. wieh compressor , the inyectors can be the same. only have to load a tune
Pelayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
forged internals dhktactical Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 0 05-23-2012 08:48 PM
forged internals allen1998gt 1996-2004 Mustang GT 6 05-20-2012 04:47 PM
forged internals br10301 1996-2004 Mustang GT 2 02-28-2012 11:48 PM
Forged internals Blackedout Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 29 02-22-2012 05:42 PM
forged internals!? 97V6stangct Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 2 01-19-2012 03:59 PM

» Premium Vendor
» Like Us On Facebook



10:28 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.