2012 leaking coolant. Help! - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-07-2017, 12:29 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
2012 leaking coolant. Help!

I would highly recommend changing that hose without the check valve right away. I changed mine in the spring. Car had about 43k on it. Wish I would have changed it sooner because I guess the damage was already done. I've put less than 1k on it since swapping the hose, but low and behold, walked out this morning and found coolant all over the ground. It's a 2012 but Ford Certified (7yr/100k), so I believe the water pump should be covered. AAA hauled it in, they should be looking at it shortly. Hopefully this whole thing costs me nothing except being without the car while it is repaired.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
I would highly recommend changing that hose without the check valve right away. I changed mine in the spring. Car had about 43k on it. Wish I would have changed it sooner because I guess the damage was already done. I've put less than 1k on it since swapping the hose, but low and behold, walked out this morning and found coolant all over the ground. It's a 2012 but Ford Certified (7yr/100k), so I believe the water pump should be covered. AAA hauled it in, they should be looking at it shortly. Hopefully this whole thing costs me nothing except being without the car while it is repaired.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible

Dealer just called, validated my diagnosis, and will have a new pump installed by the end of the day tomorrow. I just need to pay the $100 deductible for the CPO program.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 04:58 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Dealer just called, validated my diagnosis, and will have a new pump installed by the end of the day tomorrow. I just need to pay the $100 deductible for the CPO program.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible

Got the car back this afternoon. Took it out for a little ride. Hopefully another water pump is not in my future since I have the new hose on.


2012 Grabber Blue Mustang Convertible V6 Premium
1979 Solar Gold Trans Am
1995 Bright Red Trans Am Convertible
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
big show 98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 386
I changed mine at 82k and now am at 86k fingers crossed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 05:42 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
2012 leaking coolant. Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big show 98 View Post
I changed mine at 82k and now am at 86k fingers crossed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mine went out a month after changing it, and I don't even daily drive it. Sorry to say, it's probably not if, but when. My friend's 2013 went out a few weeks ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:11 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
big show 98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberMeBlue View Post
Mine went out a month after changing it, and I don't even daily drive it. Sorry to say, it's probably not if, but when. My friend's 2013 went out a few weeks ago.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Thx for the update I'm going to keep an eye on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
big show 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 06:18 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by big show 98 View Post
Thx for the update I'm going to keep an eye on it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Good idea. Never thought it would happen to me, and then it did.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:23 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Porter Ranch, CA
Region: California
Posts: 50
Reviving an old thread. Just happened to me tonight. This is great info. I will get both parts for my mechanic to fix tomorrow. I would do it myself but I'm slammed at work for the next week.
2FST4GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FST4GM View Post
Reviving an old thread. Just happened to me tonight. This is great info. I will get both parts for my mechanic to fix tomorrow. I would do it myself but I'm slammed at work for the next week.
How many miles did you have?


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:00 AM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Porter Ranch, CA
Region: California
Posts: 50
Just bought the car last month with 51,000 miles. Fell out of factory warranty on Jan. 26th.
2FST4GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:00 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
GrabberMeBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Somewhere
Region: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2FST4GM View Post
Just bought the car last month with 51,000 miles. Fell out of factory warranty on Jan. 26th.
I was in the mid 40s.


Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
__________________
2012 Grabber Blue V6 Convertible
1995 Red Trans Am Convertible
1979 Gold Trans Am
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:41 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
CycloneS197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Washington county
Region: Oregon
Posts: 61
My 2014 3.7 began to leak last night while I was at work. I booked an apt with the Ford dealership near me and took the car in. I am at 36662 miles and I still have the 50K miles or six years warranty. So the water pump is covered. They kept the car for three hours ( going to pick up the car after I post this) to fix it. I had plenty of coolant in the coolant tank thinggy, I also had no further leaks after the first leak and my coolant temp was normal.

While I was at the dealership I told them I have the upper and lower radiator hoses, I also have a thermostat and the rubber O-ring (I would pay for the non warranty work, labor etc). I asked the service department rep to see if they can install the new parts I have (OEM motorcraft parts) since they are gonna replace my water pump etc. He came back and said it was going to cost me $465 to install two hoses and a thermostat.

I politely asked him to just complete the warranty work and I'll deal with replacing the hoses and thermostat somewhere else.

So in conclusion, I had my water pump problem before I reached 37k miles, it was covered under ford powertrain warranty (I did purchase extended bumper to bumper but it wasn't needed obviously) and you can expect to have it done in three hours or so at the dealership etc.
CycloneS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 11:15 AM   #118
Registered User
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 8
Water pump leak

Just reporting another water pump leak. This is on a 2012 V6 base manual (Feb 2012 build date) with the old design degas hose. 53000 miles.
stang15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:24 AM   #119
Registered User
Newbie
 
2pts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Thanks for all the posts.

I have a 2014 3.7L convertible currently at 59,900 km or 37,220 miles. I did not expect to have this kind of problem at this low mileage.

I just noticed my heat stopped working, checked the coolant, by opening the cap (engine cold) and it was empty in the degas bottle. I’m going to admit to something really stupid of me here, I had previously “checked” the coolant level by looking at the outside of the bottle, which was orange right up to the max line, I thought it was liquid but nope, it was the stain from where the liquid was. 🏻Hopefully some day someone reads that and doesn’t do the same thing as I did. 😂

I’m glad to read that some had it covered under powertrain warranty (5yr 100,000 km for me, 5 years from sale is in 4 months for me).

I will be taking to the dealer on Tuesday and see if they will repair under warranty.
2pts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:46 PM   #120
Registered User
Newbie
 
2pts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
https://ford.oemdtc.com/588/coolant-...4-ford-mustang
2pts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
iguanaman3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Bokeelia
Region: Florida
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pts View Post
Thanks for all the posts.

I have a 2014 3.7L convertible currently at 59,900 km or 37,220 miles. I did not expect to have this kind of problem at this low mileage.

I just noticed my heat stopped working, checked the coolant, by opening the cap (engine cold) and it was empty in the degas bottle. I’m going to admit to something really stupid of me here, I had previously “checked” the coolant level by looking at the outside of the bottle, which was orange right up to the max line, I thought it was liquid but nope, it was the stain from where the liquid was. 🏻Hopefully some day someone reads that and doesn’t do the same thing as I did. 😂

I’m glad to read that some had it covered under powertrain warranty (5yr 100,000 km for me, 5 years from sale is in 4 months for me).

I will be taking to the dealer on Tuesday and see if they will repair under warranty.
Make sure you get the new overflow hose with the check valve. Even the 2014's did not have it from the factory. It shoots air right into your water pump without the check valve and Ford thinks it causes premature failure.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:15 PM   #122
Registered User
Newbie
 
2pts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 3
Was done yesterday, they covered it under the powertrain warranty, water pump and hose (now with the check valve) were replaced.
2pts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leaking coolant when parked rollo1987 1996-2004 Mustang GT 5 08-25-2014 06:27 PM
Leaking coolant denises08 2005-2010 V6 Mustang 3 07-26-2013 06:24 PM
Leaking Coolant 88gtCc 1979-1995 Mustang GT 14 05-14-2012 03:47 PM
lower intake manifold leaking coolant shustwit Pre-2005 V6 Mustang 4 06-17-2011 11:28 AM
Coolant leaking 08v6 1979-1995 Mustang GT 2 06-05-2011 03:42 PM

» Premium Vendor
» Like Us On Facebook



10:38 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.