Muffler internal modification - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Muffler internal modification

https://www.svtperformance.com/threa...er-mod.991708/

I was thinking about trying the second option of cutting the outlet pipe in the bigger chamber. Would I be able to weld it back up with my mig welder or would I need to take it to a muffler shop?

Do y'all think that would make it as loud as the stock GT500 mufflers?
C/S Spoiler, JLT Catch Can, Airaid Modular Intake Tube w/ Ford emblem, AFE Pro-Dry Air Filter, Polyurethane Swaybar Bushings front and rear, LED Interior lights, LED License Plate bulbs, LED Reverse Lights
TCU-6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Looks like a lot of work to me. May be easier to search for good deal on real GT500 mufflers.

CS Upper/Lower Grill | GT Mufflers | JLT Catch Can | PP Engine Cover | Steeda PH Brace | JDM Adj PH bar | AMR 18x9 Dark Stainless -Cont Contact Sport 235-55x18 | Roush Vent Pod/Oil Pressure Gauge | Airaid MIT - aFe Pro S |MMD Hood Struts | Steeda Jacking Rails | Prev Maint Rear Axle Vent tube, Radiator degass tube
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:18 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree43 View Post
Looks like a lot of work to me. May be easier to search for good deal on real GT500 mufflers.
I’ve actually found a great deal on some GT500’s that are already modified for the V6, but the guy doesn’t want to ship them from Tampa, FL.
C/S Spoiler, JLT Catch Can, Airaid Modular Intake Tube w/ Ford emblem, AFE Pro-Dry Air Filter, Polyurethane Swaybar Bushings front and rear, LED Interior lights, LED License Plate bulbs, LED Reverse Lights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Understand,
Shipping can be a hassle. I have a set of Mustang V6 MBRPs that have only been used a couple of days & some halogen projector headlights for my F150 I can't get rid of. Had several offers on each but all require shipping. Gets expensive when you have to pay for box & packing for some items.

Good luck,

CS Upper/Lower Grill | GT Mufflers | JLT Catch Can | PP Engine Cover | Steeda PH Brace | JDM Adj PH bar | AMR 18x9 Dark Stainless -Cont Contact Sport 235-55x18 | Roush Vent Pod/Oil Pressure Gauge | Airaid MIT - aFe Pro S |MMD Hood Struts | Steeda Jacking Rails | Prev Maint Rear Axle Vent tube, Radiator degass tube
Shadetree43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree43 View Post
Understand,
Shipping can be a hassle. I have a set of Mustang V6 MBRPs that have only been used a couple of days & some halogen projector headlights for my F150 I can't get rid of. Had several offers on each but all require shipping. Gets expensive when you have to pay for box & packing for some items.

Good luck,
Well the seller sold them right out from under me! He was getting a quote for shipping and then sold them to someone else. At least I didn’t send him any money.

Looks like I’ll be cutting open my GT mufflers.
Old 06-22-2019, 02:03 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Or just... buy better mufflers?
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 03:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Or just... buy better mufflers?
I’m hoping to use that money to put in my new gears.
Old 07-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well I found a nice set of GT500 mufflers near by. The kid that had them thought they were stock GT mufflers and listed them on FB for $40, so I jump on them. It cost me $80 to have them put on, so they cost me $30 less than the GT muffler I had.

They fill the cutouts a lot better than I thought they would. The sound is unbelievable!! They sound a little exotic to me but under an overpass or next to a wall they sound like a muscle car. If I put the gear selector in 2nd and let it slow me down you hear pop, pop, pop, boom! YouTube videos don’t do it justice. You have to hear it in person to really enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EB997375-D863-40DD-BDD0-96DB5F74C44C_1562795164694.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	424.4 KB
ID:	258451  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang