Front Caliper bolt... thread/pitch? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-22-2019, 05:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Front Caliper bolt... thread/pitch?

I cannot find this on Google anywhere. I am looking for info on the 13mm bolt that fastens the caliper to the caliper bracket. I'll just go to Home Depot and get another hex bolt.... but I don't know the pitch/diameter/length/material/thread etc
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
It may be easiest/best to go to the Ford dealership and get the bolt from them. That way you will be assured to recieve the correct size, and most importantly, the correct grade of bolt.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Rhode Island
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
It may be easiest/best to go to the Ford dealership and get the bolt from them. That way you will be assured to recieve the correct size, and most importantly, the correct grade of bolt.
Thank you. I wish this info was readily available.
The nearest Ford dealer is quite far from me and driving with a missing caliper bolt is stressing me out. I'm wondering how it just fell off, maybe it sheared off after I drove it pretty rough yesterday. Or maybe I didn't tighten it well enough when I did my brakes a couple weeks ago...
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

In that case, maybe try the chain auto parts stores. They may be able to look up which replacement bolt it is, and they may have one in their small parts replacement section.

Good luck!
Old 08-24-2019, 11:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You can get the guide pin set for $3.99 from Advanced Auto https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...+Caliper+Bolts
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
You're gonna have to get it shipped. Home Depot/Lowes are not going to stock grade 12.9 metric bolts which is what you NEED on brakes. Metric 8.8 is not "grade 8", its barely "grade 5".

Once you find out the size on the Ford Parts Network diagrams you can order it from Fastenal. Sucks to have to eat shipping on like 1 or 2 bolts but it is what is. When I was doing the IRS build that I got in trade for my SRA, the asshat I got it from had zinc or low grade bolts ALL OVER the thing... had to buy almost everything new from Fastenal because I don't feel like going around a corner hard and having something shear off.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:54 AM   #7

Region: New Jersey
Call a Dealer

Maybe I am just getting to old and don't want to spend time researching things buy I am sure Ford dealer would ship to you if you explain situation. Might cost you 10 bucks or so but peace of mind? In the meantime call Summit racing maybe they know? or go on Facebook and ask Roush guys or mustang guys? Best of luck.
Peagasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 03:03 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Summit won't know. The Ford parts network diagrams will take like 2 minutes to figure out. And they probably would ship it.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I already found the replacement for 4 bucks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
Old 08-24-2019, 09:24 PM   #10

Region: New Jersey
Post part info

Your post will be on this forum for others to read. If you put info about how you got part and its info others might benefit from it.
Peagasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:28 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peagasus View Post
Your post will be on this forum for others to read. If you put info about how you got part and its info others might benefit from it.
It was the Fact that he said he did not know if it fell out of was broken, bam found the kit right in toolbox drawer before I got up from the garage had the link and the price post it in thread. $4, he has the repair and another for a spare.
Fastenal is not going to have the guide pin if the bolt broke but on a side note Summit Racing has them in Stock also Part Number 4U2Z-2386-DA. So you were right on the money sending him to Summit Peagasus
It is nothing against anyone, someone tries to help and it is just ignored

BTW I would not be saying any now but it is not the first time either
Just my

Now I will go back to my cave and tend to my Mushrooms
Old 08-25-2019, 12:39 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
You can get the guide pin set for $3.99 from Advanced Auto https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...+Caliper+Bolts
Aside from it currently being out of stock, something like this is probably the most cost effective option considering the current circumstances.
Perhaps another vendor, such as Napa, or the like, has a similar kit that would be available from a nearby auto parts store.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:47 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Didn't see your post.

Or maybe Summit....
Old 08-25-2019, 09:35 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Aside from it currently being out of stock, something like this is probably the most cost effective option considering the current circumstances.
Perhaps another vendor, such as Napa, or the like, has a similar kit that would be available from a nearby auto parts store.
It is in stock at my 2 local stores, I don't have his zip code so I can't tell from his end
Old 08-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Ford parts network website. Use it. If you can't figure it out then sell your mustang and buy a Honda.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 08-25-2019, 05:44 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Ford parts network website. Use it. If you can't figure it out then sell your mustang and buy a Honda.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
It shows a nice Picture, but no length, size or pitch, but Fordpartsgiant.com said it was a discontinued part so the part I put up before you posted that was available from Advanced Auto is probable the way to go.
So the only thing we figured out is Scottydoesn'tknow but has to post anyways and give bad info but still tells me to go by a Honda, Go figure and go ahead ban me do whatever because I am not Staff so I can't be right
Old 08-26-2019, 04:54 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Go Buy A Honda

I see that as a sound piece of advice. Honda has always been considered to have superior metallurgy to their American counterparts. There certainly won't be any bolts falling off or breaking!
Probably, the exotic car guys have a similar saying. Something like "If you don't like that your Lamborghini keeps catching fire, maybe you should just buy a Mustang". A good bit of advice!

Yep.... Honda.

Did I mention to you guys that after decades of reigning supreme over the imports, my ol' F250 finally got beat by a new Honda Civic a while back.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang