mustang 3.7 v6 2013 MPG problem HELP - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
That is probably about right for that air temperature.
If anything, your engine would be running a little lean with that maf reading. In any case, it certainly does not seem to be the cause of your excessive fuel consumption.

Does the engine seem to run good?
Does it make good power all of the way to the engine rpm redline when you give it wide open throttle? With no stumbling or hesitation?
i didn't drive another mustang to check between my car .... but i thing it runs good for 3.7 305 horse power
shantd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 12:28 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
How long does the car take to catch temperature? Maybe you have the thermostat full open all time, so that the car will be rich much longer until it reaches the correct temp.
If you have a Scantool, check your fuel trim short and long..... and if de close loop are activated... how to know this? your short trim has to be near to "0", posive and after negative amount.
is your MAF sensor dont work property, you have the check ligth on, if your O2 sensor dont work you have check light on.
if you runs rich on right engine temperature, your car runs rought, (can to see a spark plug and check electrodes , this give you a lot information about you inernal combustion..
Pelayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 12:40 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelayo View Post
How long does the car take to catch temperature? Maybe you have the thermostat full open all time, so that the car will be rich much longer until it reaches the correct temp.
If you have a Scantool, check your fuel trim short and long..... and if de close loop are activated... how to know this? your short trim has to be near to "0", posive and after negative amount.
is your MAF sensor dont work property, you have the check ligth on, if your O2 sensor dont work you have check light on.
if you runs rich on right engine temperature, your car runs rought, (can to see a spark plug and check electrodes , this give you a lot information about you inernal combustion..
yes i have scan tool please tell me what i will checl with scan tool and correct data numbers how much should it work ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

You have to find a PID or similar called Fuel Trim. It will show you two values ​​one is the value record in memory during engine live or fuse 47 was removed and is the one expected at that time and is called long fuel trim, and the one that you have to notice is the short fuel trim. This value will vary from positive numbers to negative numbers and must be as close to 0 to a positive value followed by a negative value more or less of the same absolute value.
The value range should not be greater than + 25% - 25% (always speaking of the short fuel trim).
The motor has to be in temperature, since in cold, the O2 probe does not read values.
but... do you check your engine temperature?

I hope to have explained , my English has to improve
Old 09-18-2019, 09:50 AM   #40

Quote:
You have to find a PID or similar called Fuel Trim. It will show you two values ​​one is the value record in memory during engine live or fuse 47 was removed and is the one expected at that time and is called long fuel trim, and the one that you have to notice is the short fuel trim. This value will vary from positive numbers to negative numbers and must be as close to 0 to a positive value followed by a negative value more or less of the same absolute value.
The value range should not be greater than + 25% - 25% (always speaking of the short fuel trim).
The motor has to be in temperature, since in cold, the O2 probe does not read values.
but... do you check your engine temperature?

I hope to have explained , my English has to improve
yeah thank you
here i was make a video you can watch on
Old 09-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Shantd93 and Pelayo you both are doing pretty good with your English since neither of you are from an English speaking country
Shantd, have you tried unhooking the battery to reset everything, my Father had a Toyota that he gave me that always used a lot of gas with no check engine light. After Disconnecting the Battery the Check engine light did come on and Throttle body was bad but the light never came on before it was reset.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 12:35 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Stand93, in your scanner, shows that engine temp is 95º celsius, its on right temp, but, your O2 Sensor Heater is on. your car in this moment, are in open loop, so, runs rich. you can see only te long term fuel rich, the 02sensor don´t work. the ecu try to lean the fuel mix arround 6.5 % by bank.
try to scan it after runs one hour.......
the O2 sensor for start close loop his temp has to be above 700 ºcelsius.

It is strange that if the engine is at 95 degrees the O2 sensor is only 500 ... it is very rare, and of course, being "cold" the EC only sends gasoline, and less air, to take temperature, (rich mixture ) and therefore worse mileage

When O2 sensosr are on temp, short fuel trim start to work to get to the stoichiometric mix of 14.7 and your mileage has to grow up
Old 09-19-2019, 12:40 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Stand93, in your scanner, shows that engine temp is 95º celsius, its on right temp, but, your O2 Sensor Hater is on. your car in this moment, are in open loop, so, runs rich. you can see only te long term fuel rich, try to lean the fuel mix arround 6.5 % by bank.

It is strange that if the engine is at 95 degrees the O2 sensor is only 500 ... it is very rare, and of course, being "cold" the EC only sends gasoline, and less air, to take temperature, (rich mixture ) and therefore worse mileage

When O2 sensosr are on temp, short fuel trim start to work to get to the stoichiometric mix of 14.7 and your mileage has to grow up
Old 09-19-2019, 06:59 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
If you figure it out please post it. I'm lucky enough that I'm getting 22 city and 33 highway. That's doing fill up math not relying on the dash read out which isn't that accurate.
2012 3.7L no mods to engine or tune.
ajkillgore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:07 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

ajkillgore has a good mpg.... my average on12000 is 20.5MPG, but in the highway a lot of time i reach the 112 mile speed limit and in conventional road use a "manual" shift.
The only mod is an airaid tuve 450-945 and a AFE Magnun flow pro Dry filter into the stock air box. the nex week end i change hte stock driveshaft (two pieces) for an aluminiun 3.5' driveshaft made by dinotech ¿? and delete the speed limit.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:07 AM   #46

Quote:
Stand93, in your scanner, shows that engine temp is 95º celsius, its on right temp, but, your O2 Sensor Hater is on. your car in this moment, are in open loop, so, runs rich. you can see only te long term fuel rich, try to lean the fuel mix arround 6.5 % by bank.

i was make new video after 1 hour drive with professional scan tool
Old 09-20-2019, 03:01 PM   #47

Region: Other
My Mileage

My 2012 V6 3.7 automatic convertible with 31,000 miles no mods gets:

City about 20 mpg

Highway about 28 mpg (but my highway driving is usually a maximum of 50-60 mph on 2-lane rural roads with traffic lights now and then.)
Jac_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:13 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I really am going to have to stop chirping the tires going into third, my mileage is the same right now on the truck and the car, 15 MPG and the truck has a 6.2 in it.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang