Trade for Manual - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #1

Trade for Manual

I love my mustang but really want to trade my 2011 Mustang for a manual one. Anyone know on the best place to do this? I’m getting bored with mine and want to do modifications to mine, but I feel like it’s useless.
Ibecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Why do you want to reduce your acceleration with a manual? Autos are faster.
iguanaman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #3

I love to drive, and manual would make it even more fun
Ibecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Probably, the best way to accomplish this would be to find the car, with all of the options that you want, which is already for sale, and then sell your car and purchase the one that you like. That way you will have more choices like paint color, acceptable miles, condition, etc.
You might even consider getting a GT...There are plenty of Coyote-powered cars on the used market now. It would be enough of a power "bump" that you might not need to modify it for a while.

Happy hunting!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:06 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Other
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibecker View Post
I love my mustang but really want to trade my 2011 Mustang for a manual one. Anyone know on the best place to do this? I’m getting bored with mine and want to do modifications to mine, but I feel like it’s useless.
A car dealership. Take your car there, find one you like and trade yours in.
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 05:48 AM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Why can't you modify the auto? Any mod you do will make the car faster in automatic form unless its a strict corner carver. Get a good tune that firms up your shifts and then do the suspension. Only real power mods besides that is exhaust. Everything else is useless until you get into power adders.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I originally had buyers remorse for not getting a manual but after tuning my car I don't anymore. If I press the grade assist it raises the rpm's a little and when I hit the brakes about 1/3 of the way down going into a curve the car downshifts automatically. With light throttle through the curve it stays in that gear, allowing you to really pull out of the curve.
C/S Spoiler, JLT Catch Can, Airaid Modular Intake Tube w/ Ford emblem, AFE Pro-Dry Air Filter, Polyurethane Swaybar Bushings front and rear, LED Interior lights, LED License Plate bulbs, LED Reverse Lights
TCU-6612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:29 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
when I bought my Mustang, I knew I wanted to get it with a manual trans. They are simpler and easier to service. I enjoy going through the gears, holding my gears and down shifting (rev. match not just drop gears). I think it sounds better specially once you upgrade your exhaust.
Yeah it sucks during heavy traffic but I don't mind. Unfortunately with the MT-82, you kinda have to take an extra second to shift. A few times I've popped in the wrong gear and sometimes I go into reverse when I don't want to.... a nice short shift kit would be a good idea for my aplication.
CycloneS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:14 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
The stock MT-82 shifter is trash, get a MGW race spec.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang