Best high performance Oil & filter - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-05-2019, 12:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: chi t
Region: Ohio
Posts: 121
Best high performance Oil & filter

So it's that time of year again. Need to change the oil and filter before putting the pony in the barn for the winter. I have done a good amount of research and determined Royal Purple is probably the best or one of the best "performance" oils to use. I used to use Mobil 1, Royal Purple is rated up to like 12,000 or 15,000 miles according to their website. Mobil 1 is advertised as up to 20,000 or 1 year. Currently I am pushing around 10,000 miles on my Royal Purple and I did not even think of this until now but the filter I have is not rated for that many miles. It's a K&N HP-2011 filter which is only rated for 5,000 miles according to a google search their website did not specify. So hopefully that didn't mess anything up but I have noticed a loss of power recently so that could be part of the issue because that filter needs to be replaced. I'm curious what other car enthusiasts' would recommend and or use. I think I am going to stick with Royal Purple and this time use a Mobile 1 extended performance filter that is rated up to 20,000 miles.

Side note: I am curious if the HPS Royal Purple oil may be a better option compared to the standard Royal Purple I just saw this on their website and didn't realize it was a thing until now. My car is not heavily modified. Basically just have an air raid intake tube and AEM high flow filter with a JLT catch can. That's about it for engine mods.
Renownedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-05-2019, 01:01 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
dgc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pembroke
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 317
The oil filter being plugged up will not effect the power the engine makes. What does happen is the filter will start bypassing and the oil is not filtered. This happens at cold startup and possibly at high rpms with high oil pressure. Just because the filter is only rated for 5k miles does not mean its not doing its job just fine, its more of a CYA on the part of the manufacturer.

Royal Purple is generally considered to be no better than the more main stream synthetics but it costs a lot more.

Amsoil is generally considered to be best of the best with Penzoil Ultra Platinum and Mobil 1 Extended Protection right there too.

Personally i purchase what ever synthetic is on sale. Just picked up 3 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 for $22 each at Walmart.


Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: chi t
Region: Ohio
Posts: 121
Amsoil seems to be hard to find. Do you have to get it directly from their website?
Renownedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-06-2019, 04:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,654
Amsoil is by far the best and EASY to find.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 11:18 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,243
I will just stick to Valvoline Full Synthetic oil and a Motorcraft, Wix (Napa Gold) or Baldwin filter and my 5000 mile oil change routine. That is the same on my V6 Cyclone and the 6.2 Boss in the F150.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
dgc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pembroke
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 317
FWIW, the last two Motorcraft oil filters i have purchased leaked at the gasket. In both cases a new filter of a different brand and no more leaking. One was my Mustang the other was my Dodge pickup.

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 01:28 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Elizabeth City
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 24
At the actual K & N website they they state that their filters will meet or exceed factory specs for oil filters. What change interval does the factory recommend? Also in my experience my oil is very black at a 5,000 mile interval. For me, anything over 10,000 mile oil is overkill. Having said that, I use Mobile1 full synthetic and a K & N HP-2009 oil filter.
Adfalenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:57 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
jkeaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: North Carolina
Region: Other
Posts: 1,848
Whatever synthetic is on sale and a motorcraft filter.
jkeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:01 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 8,208
It seems the older I get, the less I care....

I've been using the Walmart "house-brand" oil, and sometimes I'll "splurge" and buy an expensive filter.
I suppose that my attitude would be different if I had an engine that cost more than the vehicle that it was installed in, but for these mass-produced engines that are readily available from a local wrecking yard, I will just make sure that the engine has plenty of oil, change it periodically, and focus my attention on more important things.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 8,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgc333 View Post
FWIW, the last two Motorcraft oil filters i have purchased leaked at the gasket. In both cases a new filter of a different brand and no more leaking. One was my Mustang the other was my Dodge pickup.

Dave
Not sure what happened with the Mustang, but that Motorcraft filter was obviously trying to get the hell off of that Dodge truck!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #11
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis/Brownsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 8,145
I just put in some Amsoil in my Mach for the first time this past weekend. I've been wanting to try it, but never got around to putting in an order. I've never had a lick of trouble with Royal Purple, which I've used since buying the car in 2012. I tried Mobil One once because my local auto parts store was out of RP 5w30 and I really wanted to get the oil changed at the time. Didn't have a problem with Mobil One either. I typically go ~5k miles or 1 year between changes. If I daily'd the car, I would not have a problem with any of the major oil manufacturers accept Quaker State. That stuff gummed up in my 84 Z28 years ago and have never used it since. I'd pick the one you are happy with paying for and just change it at the regular preferred interval (3k or 5k miles, etc). I check my level about halfway through the mileage interval. Motorcraft oil filters are great, BTW.
__________________
Instagram: @azurblumach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
dgc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pembroke
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Not sure what happened with the Mustang, but that Motorcraft filter was obviously trying to get the hell off of that Dodge truck!



FWIW, i have been using Motorcraft filters on all my vehicles regardless of brand for about 30 years. Good filter at a bargain price, they are made by Purolator. First time i have had an issue with one. Only other filter i have had an issue with is Wix, it leaked at the crimp between the base and can.

Mopar and Ford have been using the same filters since they started putting spin on filters on engines. The filter Ford specifies for my Ecoboost Mustang was first used on Mopar 2.2 engines back in 1982.

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:03 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Andalusia, Spain
Region: Europe
Posts: 17,784
Wal Mart Supertech and a Napa Gold filter. Put it away for the winter. You are completely overthinking this.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:10 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Madrid - Spain - Europe
Region: Europe
Posts: 46
I'm surprised with your post. I change oil when the use says 10% or less, or every year or every 10.000 miles. always change oil filter too and oil pain bolt. I use 100x100 sintetyc oil, 5w20 whit WSs-m2c945-A/b spec. i don'k konw the reason why you change oil earlier. In my 325xi BMW change oil every 15.6 k miles and it has 200.000 miles
Pelayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: chi t
Region: Ohio
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Amsoil is by far the best and EASY to find.
Easy to find my a** if it was EASY to find it would be sold at my local AutoZone or Walmart or O'Reilley or Napa or advanced Auto parts and it's not. It's also stupid expensive at $13+ a quart on the amsoil website and I need 6 quarts so that's close to $80 or more for an oil change and filter.

I went with mobil 1 full synthetic. Got 6 quarts for just under $50 and I'm still debating on the mobil 1 filter or the royal purple filter. The Royal purple filters down to 25microns and the mobil 1 filters down to 30microns so the Royal purple seems to be better in that aspect but the mobil 1 filter has more pleats in the filter material so it can hold more dirt and impurities.

The reason I went with Mobil 1 oil over RP this time is because I saw online that RP as some sort of gear additive in it that can potentially cause corrosion.
Renownedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:47 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Grabber Blue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Haven
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 3,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedd View Post
Easy to find my a** if it was EASY to find it would be sold at my local AutoZone or Walmart or O'Reilley or Napa or advanced Auto parts and it's not. It's also stupid expensive at $13+ a quart on the amsoil website and I need 6 quarts so that's close to $80 or more for an oil change and filter.

I went with mobil 1 full synthetic. Got 6 quarts for just under $50 and I'm still debating on the mobil 1 filter or the royal purple filter. The Royal purple filters down to 25microns and the mobil 1 filters down to 30microns so the Royal purple seems to be better in that aspect but the mobil 1 filter has more pleats in the filter material so it can hold more dirt and impurities.

The reason I went with Mobil 1 oil over RP this time is because I saw online that RP as some sort of gear additive in it that can potentially cause corrosion.
Amsoil can be bought cheaper from their website if you sign up an account.

The title of this thread is what is "THE BEST" oil and filter. Not what should I settle for which is what you did. Mobil 1 changed their formula years ago and it is no longer a "FULL" synthetic.

You get what you pay for.
__________________
2017 Dodge Challenger T/A Redline Tri-Coat
2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Jazz Blue Pearl Sold
2015 GT Premium 401A Ingot Silver Sold
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Amsoil can be bought cheaper from their website if you sign up an account.

The title of this thread is what is "THE BEST" oil and filter. Not what should I settle for which is what you did. Mobil 1 changed their formula years ago and it is no longer a "FULL" synthetic.

You get what you pay for.
Truthfully I would not put Mobil 1 in my lawn mower. My 03 F150 drank it like water and when you talk to Mobil 1 I was doing something wrong IE had the filter leaking, drain plug leaking or some other oil leak or the motor was shot. Went with Valvoline and never used another drop
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 11:59 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Madrid - Spain - Europe
Region: Europe
Posts: 46
lAs straybullitt says, an oil that meets the manufacturer's SAE and API, and changed frequently, is as good or better than buying the most expensive and enduring it for a long time. Many "white" brand oils (I don't know how to translate it, like wallmart oil) are manufactured by the same oil companies that make the premiums ... in europe, bp (british petroleum) castrol (for decades the oil from bmw) and the same oil does it for a supermecador chain called carrefour with the only difference in price, 50% cheaper than the "supermarket"
Any oil filter that suits the car is sufficient
Pelayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 04:01 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
dgc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pembroke
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Mobil 1 changed their formula years ago and it is no longer a "FULL" synthetic.

The battle over what is a FULL synthetic was battled out in court years ago and Group 3 Synthetic is FULL synthetic.

When it comes to Mobil 1 depending on which version you get some are Group 3, some are Group 4 and others are a blend of Group 3 and 4. Mobil 1 Extended Protection is a Group 4 oil just like Amsoil.

When it gets right down to it whether it is conventional oil, Group 3, Group 4 or Group 5 they all start with pumping dead dinosaurs out of the ground.


Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:12 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Madrid - Spain - Europe
Region: Europe
Posts: 46
here , the premium oils are, Castrol, Mobil ,shell ,and Liquimoly. Petronas is up position in ranking. The oils about you talk, are rare here (Amsoil, purpel........), and them, the castrol or mobil, for example, are diferent for USA and EUROPE. so, i make me a question, wich is better?
all oils wih sae 5wXX, here, are 100% syntetic.
Pelayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:02 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
CycloneS197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Washington county
Region: Oregon
Posts: 68
I'ved used RedLine, Royal Purple, and Penzoil ultra platinum. Before I used any of those oils and not knowing what my car already had in the engine, I used motorcraft semi synthetic. Then I used RedLine and I could tell a difference. After RedLine, I used RP and the Penzoil and I could tell a difference with those as well. The car ran smoother, felt like it didn't have to work as hard to get up to speed etc.

I also use Royal Purple oil filters. So my two cents are, Penzoil ultra platinum and RP oil filter. But you can't go wrong with RP, RL, or even AMSoil.
CycloneS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:12 AM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Andalusia, Spain
Region: Europe
Posts: 17,784
Wal Mart Supertech. $17.99 for 5 quart jug. Napa Gold filter. You will never have oil problems. People always overthink oil, you have the whole bobistheoilguy forum for what? 99% of people do not need to worry about their oil besides following the service intervals and not using Fram death cans.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:03 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
dgc333's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Pembroke
Region: Massachusetts
Posts: 317
Considering Fram sells about 10x the number of filters of everyone else and millions of folks use them without incident i would not call them "death cans". You can get better filters but Fram also makes better that are highly regarded.

I don't use them simply because when I go to Wally World for my oil and filters they are more expensive than Mopar, Motorcraft and Super Tech that are sold there too.

Dave
dgc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:39 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneS197 View Post
I'ved used RedLine, Royal Purple, and Penzoil ultra platinum. Before I used any of those oils and not knowing what my car already had in the engine, I used motorcraft semi synthetic. Then I used RedLine and I could tell a difference. After RedLine, I used RP and the Penzoil and I could tell a difference with those as well. The car ran smoother, felt like it didn't have to work as hard to get up to speed etc.

I also use Royal Purple oil filters. So my two cents are, Penzoil ultra platinum and RP oil filter. But you can't go wrong with RP, RL, or even AMSoil.
The only reason your car picked up speed faster was because your wallet was so much lighter
The thing I don't understand is people going to the store and whatever oil is the cheapest or on sale is the one they buy no matter what is in the engine. I must be old school because I was told many moons ago to use the oil you plan on using till you sell the vehicle. Since oil manufacturers use different bases and additives I will stay with my Valvoline and Motorcraft Filter
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:55 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 8,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
The only reason your car picked up speed faster was because your wallet was so much lighter
The thing I don't understand is people going to the store and whatever oil is the cheapest or on sale is the one they buy no matter what is in the engine. I must be old school because I was told many moons ago to use the oil you plan on using till you sell the vehicle. Since oil manufacturers use different bases and additives I will stay with my Valvoline and Motorcraft Filter
How dare you Siber..... The accuracy of the "butt dyno" is indisputable!

Oil is oil. It all mixes together and the engine doesn't know the difference.
It is akin to mixing two different brands of milk together. They may be in different cartons, but nevertheless, they both are the product of a cow, and taste the same.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
How dare you Siber..... The accuracy of the "butt dyno" is indisputable!

Oil is oil. It all mixes together and the engine doesn't know the difference.
It is akin to mixing two different brands of milk together. They may be in different cartons, but nevertheless, they both are the product of a cow, and taste the same.
My 2003 F150 could not run Mobil 1, it used about a quart every 500 miles which made running it was an extra 5 quarts in a 3000 mile oil change, put Motorcraft Semi-Synthetic it and then Full Synthetic Valvoline and didn't use a drop. Have a friend with an M3 that is the same way. Not saying it is bad but I won't run it in anything including my Lawn Mower because of that. My Mack that I used to drive would use 1 Gallon every 5000 miles running 15w40 Rotella made by Shell, switched over to Delo 400 and it was using a gallon every 2000 miles, back to Rotella and 5000 miles. The base oil and all the extras added into oil do make a difference.
As for Milk, I only drink Mayfield, there is a difference in the taste of milk also
But Dyno lies also, my F150 seems so much slower than my Mustang but it will actually beat a V6 Mustang up to 85 MPH getting on the Freeway in Texas (80 MPH was the Speed Limit)
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:28 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 8,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siber Express View Post
My 2003 F150 could not run Mobil 1, it used about a quart every 500 miles which made running it was an extra 5 quarts in a 3000 mile oil change, put Motorcraft Semi-Synthetic it and then Full Synthetic Valvoline and didn't use a drop. Have a friend with an M3 that is the same way. Not saying it is bad but I won't run it in anything including my Lawn Mower because of that. My Mack that I used to drive would use 1 Gallon every 5000 miles running 15w40 Rotella made by Shell, switched over to Delo 400 and it was using a gallon every 2000 miles, back to Rotella and 5000 miles. The base oil and all the extras added into oil do make a difference.
As for Milk, I only drink Mayfield, there is a difference in the taste of milk also
But Dyno lies also, my F150 seems so much slower than my Mustang but it will actually beat a V6 Mustang up to 85 MPH getting on the Freeway in Texas (80 MPH was the Speed Limit)
Trucks always seem slower because you are typically seated much higher than in a car.

My experience is the same as yours regarding Mobil 1 motor oil. Increased consumption, and it will leak out of high mileage engines.
Different oil brands do have different characteristics. I'm saying that the engine doesn't care if you switch brands. The oil leftover inside of the crankcase, during an oil change, gets mixed with the new oil, and there is not enough of it in there to make much of a difference. It just makes sense to continue using a brand that you have been using with good results.

Can you imagine using Royal Purple in that Mack truck? What would that be? About $600 for just the oil for a oil change? Not including the filter and top-offs! 10-12 times a year?
I'll bet not many owners would go for that!
And it is not cheap to do a in-frame rebuild on a big diesel engine! $15-20k!
Yet, it would be cost-prohibitive to use a "Champagne" oil in a case like that.

I hear that Mayfield Dairy has some of the best milk cows in the business....
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:01 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Clinton
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Can you imagine using Royal Purple in that Mack truck? What would that be? About $600 for just the oil for a oil change? Not including the filter and top-offs! 10-12 times a year?
I'll bet not many owners would go for that!
And it is not cheap to do a in-frame rebuild on a big diesel engine! $15-20k!
Yet, it would be cost-prohibitive to use a "Champagne" oil in a case like that.

I hear that Mayfield Dairy has some of the best milk cows in the business....
The last inframe that was done was because an injector plugged up, we started running Amsoil injector cleaner through all of them, that was when they figured 30 bucks for the 64 OZ bottle was cheaper than a motor.
Royal Purple is who made the Oil for the Air end on our 825 CFM air compressor and there are companies that actually do run RP, it is about $30 a gallon when you get it by the 55 gallon drum so only $270 for RP oil plus the Filters and go 20-25,000 miles on an oil change.
__________________
2013 V6 MCoA, Performance Package, Security Package, Comfort Package and Electronic Package.
Mods OEM Backup Camera, BBK Shorties, FRPP Cut and Clamp X-Pipe, Borla Touring A/B's, Airaid CAI, Axle Xchange 2 piece aluminum Driveshaft, Koni Sport Shocks and Struts, Vogtland V6 Leveling springs, Ford Racing 302s wheels wrapped with Continental 275/40 19's, 14" Brembo Front Brakes, 13.8 GT500 Rear W/O Backing plates.
2013 F 150 FX2 With a 6.2 Boss
Siber Express is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 V6 Mustang

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Premium Vendor
» Like Us On Facebook



08:45 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.