Coyote 5.0 Swap into 2013 Cyclone - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Coyote 5.0 Swap into 2013 Cyclone

Hi,
As the title goes. I would like to get any info on what all is required to swap out a Coyote into a Cyclone mustang. I have been debating on this for a long time and now I see that there is a wreaked coyote in a local junk yard. I see if I can make a good deal I can probably make this happen.

I appreciate all the help and knowledge shared.!!
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Firstang001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
buy the entire car. swap everything. boom
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Do a search because others on this forum have already done it.
************BUT*********************
From the looks of your Mods, I would think you really have a better setup then a Coyote.
Go to the drag strip and see what you can do with what you already have.
The only gain you will have is in EXHAUST NOISE but if you take off the ATTACKS and replace with Magnaflow streets, You can get some of the good sound without losing power,
Ronnie
ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2019, 08:37 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
buy the entire car. swap everything. boom
I could do that but if i can get exactly what I need why would i buy the whole car and have trouble of disposing the unwanted parts.
AirAidCIA | BAMA 87P Tune | BoralAtak AB| BMRAdj UCA | BMR UCA Mnt | BMRAdj PHB | GCCoilOvers | DSS 1 Piece AL Driveshaft | BMRLCA | BMR LCA Reloc Brackets | BARTONShifter | GT CS Spoiler| RedLine Hood struts | MMD Axim 20X8.5 Audio: Dynamatted Rear & Doors | AudioControl LC8i | Speakers: Infinity 682.9cf | RockFord Prime R250X4 Amp | Rockford Prime 500.1 Mono AMP | Kicker Twin10" L5 Solo Barics in a Ported BOX |P.S MORE TO COMEEEEE!!!!
Old 02-26-2019, 08:47 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
Do a search because others on this forum have already done it.
************BUT*********************
From the looks of your Mods, I would think you really have a better setup then a Coyote.
Go to the drag strip and see what you can do with what you already have.
The only gain you will have is in EXHAUST NOISE but if you take off the ATTACKS and replace with Magnaflow streets, You can get some of the good sound without losing power,
Ronnie
Thank you for the suggestion Ronnie!
It was just my thought that if I can get away with upgrading to a coyote for less, then I will have a strong platform to start working on with.
I tried to do some searches with little to no help. That's when I posted the thread.
Old 02-26-2019, 07:30 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie948 View Post
lmfao.
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 02:01 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Sell your V6, buy a GT. Cost the same or less and you don't have to do anything. Literally 0 reason to do the swap from any perspective.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:56 AM   #8
REG
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Swap

These questions come up all the time.
It's never a good idea as it will always be more costly in the long run and the unforseen circumstances will take you years to fix!
Sell it by the GT and be done.
The difference in price is 3-5 k
The swap cost will be 10 K+
Old 03-30-2019, 07:34 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by REG View Post
These questions come up all the time.
It's never a good idea as it will always be more costly in the long run and the unforseen circumstances will take you years to fix!
Sell it by the GT and be done.
The difference in price is 3-5 k
The swap cost will be 10 K+
I debated this for a year, you literally need a complete donor car. Sell the 3 7 and buy a Coyote, that's what I ended up doing.
FastFord19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT