Have a Chance to by a very low mileage 2013 Boss 302 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2019, 10:37 PM   #1
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Have a Chance to by a very low mileage 2013 Boss 302

After selling my 2014 TrakPak I thought I'd be happy...guess I was wrong.
I've got a chance to buy...at a very good price...a 2013 Boss 302, one of the last 50 built in the 2013 production run. It only has 16,800 miles and is the same color as old 2014 TrakPak...Race Red! Someone has put electric cutouts on the side pipes and very loud Roush mufflers on it, other than that it has the RED key and programmer.
An interesting story is that it has been owned 5 times, 4 times by different dealers and was originally sent to Canada where it stayed through 4 title changes. I'm going to put it up on a lift tomorrow and look underneath in hopes it can clear my driveway into the garage although my old 2014 TrakPak with Eibach Sportline springs made it. Oh, I won't be messing with it...just keep it stock except for maybe a tune.
So, what do you guys think???
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 01:44 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
If you want it, and can afford it, and miss having your GT then go for it! Just make sure it checks out.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Kentucky
Have a Chance to by a very low mileage 2013 Boss 302

Did you get rid of your Terminator?
I say go for it. Roadrunner is an awesome engine.

Pick your poison.
Recon is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2019, 11:05 AM   #4
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Hell yes! That's what I wanted to go with for my next Mustang. I'm just caught up remodeling our house for the next several years. Aside from when the (essentially unattainable for me) GT350 came out, the 12-13 Boss was my favorite modern Mustang.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:50 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Why not???
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:44 AM   #6
RBK
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I'm a little concerned about all the different owners, what's the deal with that? Maybe it's just me but I'm looking to buy a car now for a family member and have passed up many that were owned multiple times; I like to buy a one-owner car so I can talk to the person and get a feel if the person took care of the car or not. It may be a good car but I would not buy a car with a history like that.
RBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:00 PM   #7

Region: Texas
many owners not a problem

A lot of high performance cars have low mileage, due to their owners having
"daily drivers" and using the specialty car only for weekends, and other special
occasions. Condition is the most important concern !
theColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Olerodder, I have a '13 Boss 302 that I bought several years ago with 1298 miles on it, also in Race Red with the Recaro seats. This is an amazing car, beyond what it's specs on paper would show. The Boss comes with some of the same issues you no doubt had with your '14 GT if it had a manual trans. The clutch is junk and the shifter worse, though the aftermarket has taken care of both issues. I put in a McLeod RST dual disc and lightened steel flywheel along with an MGW RaceSpec shifter and she shifts at redline flawlessly now. Other than Steeda Boss 302 spec springs to level the car and a few other Steeda suspension goodies, and a QA1 carbon fiber driveshaft I haven't had a chance to install yet, I'm stock. This car is a high winding banshee that will suck fuel like there is no tomorrow using Trackey. I went out on a run the other day on my favorite roads and went through a half tank in 50 miles! If your car checks out, you won't regret the swap.
GaryR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #9
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Region: Colorado
I concur with Gary. I bought my 13 Boss with 19000 but with one owner. I've had the same problems with transmission, shifter , driveshaft and clutch. MGW, braided clutch line and fiber driveshaft solved my issues without a new clutch. Other than that it's been a remarkably enjoyable car to own. Good luck.
k9walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:16 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR View Post
I went out on a run the other day on my favorite roads and went through a half tank in 50 miles!
A half tank?!?
Jeez Gary, where did you go??
All the way to Timbuctoo?!?

Disregard my earlier post Olerodder... It sounds like those Boss 302's are real Gas Hogs!
Old 05-05-2019, 07:56 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Buy it quick Rodder. You need a Mustang-Now!
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:08 PM   #12
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post

Pick your poison.
Hey Recon, miss your posts along with the other guys.
First, I sold the Terminator at Mecum, Portland last June along with my Black 63-1/2 Sprint Convertible. Just wasting away as garage queens is not where they should be and I just didn't have the time to get them out often enough.
Well, long story short. I took my wife, something I rarely do and we drove the Boss.
Actually put it on a lift and the cutouts appear to have a FPP logo on them. Also, had an MGW shifter and JLT oil catch can on it. Nice looking car although it had Roush mufflers which were not to my liking. My wife didn't like it and of course it had just shy of 20k miles and the guy had 4 year 36,000 mile Ford Warranty he just got last year. We couldn't come to the deal we had talked about when we met last week...so I walked away. It was a nice car although I had wanted a bone stock one, not one with a lot of aftermarket parts and the original parts were gone.
Anyway, after riding in the Mustang on the long way home my wife said we should stop at the Ford Dealer out in the country...so we did. My wife took test drive in White 19 with a 10spd and I had a hard time getting here back to dealer after driving 50+ miles. So...this is now in the garage. I have to admit that in a straight line this thing is an 11sec car off the show room floor and I'm a sucker for a white car! No, I got to drive it home, so I guess it's mine...at least for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3341.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	258353  
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:20 AM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Lol NICE! That is a much better car... in every way... Plus you can always tell the wife it's her fault that you got it haha.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Congratulations, nice blank canvas ready for your "wifes" touches.
oxfordwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:08 AM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

Those don't need much if anything tbth... Tune and some exhaust work and slicks and these can click off 10s.

Sent from my COR-L29 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Old 05-06-2019, 11:05 AM   #16
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Congrats! Those changes Ford made equal a great look, kinda GT350'ish. The wheels looks great too, as does that white paint.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Congrats on the White Pony... Great car...

I’ll be looking to keep my 2014 GT Track Pac car, and trading my 2018 370Z Nismo, for a new GT.

Finally I’ll have a 2x GT household again
Old 05-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Idaho
Congrats! Very nice there OleRodder.
/ Moroso Oil Separator / GT Track Key Tune / Boss Quad Exhaust / QTP Wireless Cutouts / Diode Dynamics Sequencer / GT500 Rear Rotor Upgrade / CDC Dead Pedal / STO N SHO License Braket

............................. ..............................
shaneyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:02 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Iowa
Take it to an auto parts store and use their code reader to get the code history. It's free and you might dodge a bullet. That and signs of rust being it was up north. I'd be all over it if it checks out!
Hawkstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:27 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkstang View Post
Take it to an auto parts store and use their code reader to get the code history. It's free and you might dodge a bullet. That and signs of rust being it was up north. I'd be all over it if it checks out!
Refer to post #12

Enjoy the new car Olerodder!
Old 05-10-2019, 06:53 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
sweet new ride , congrats
Old 05-17-2019, 12:25 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Sounds like how I ended up with my 2016... In 2017 We were in FL visiting some friends and he had a 2014 GT, talked us into visiting the dealership down the road to drive some supercharged GT's Never saw my wife grin from ear to ear like that before. Ended up finding 2016 Roush RS3 with only 100 miles on it (dealer owned) for 30% off the list price... I grabbed it up, and only have 1660 miles on it since 2017. My wife literally talked me into it...
2016 Mustang Roush Stage 3 #303 (1 of 28) Magnetic Gray
1987 Firebird Formula - TPI Auto - T-tops - Yellow
1989 Formula 350 Convertible (1 of 43) Red - (For Sale)
http://www.3rdgenformula.com
1967 Buick Riviera - House of Kolor Candy Apple Red (my first car)
okfoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff

Might be something that happens to me in 2 or 3 years. If we stay in Spain or I go to Germany I can new American cars through MAS (Military Auto Sales) over here just like I could in the states. I'd have to sell my 00 though or I'd have to pay 28% VAT on the car tho so no thanks... only allowed 1 American car and 1 EU car here without having to pay that...

Old 07-18-2019, 09:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by olerodder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recon View Post

Pick your poison.
Hey Recon, miss your posts along with the other guys.
First, I sold the Terminator at Mecum, Portland last June along with my Black 63-1/2 Sprint Convertible. Just wasting away as garage queens is not where they should be and I just didn't have the time to get them out often enough.
Well, long story short. I took my wife, something I rarely do and we drove the Boss.
Actually put it on a lift and the cutouts appear to have a FPP logo on them. Also, had an MGW shifter and JLT oil catch can on it. Nice looking car although it had Roush mufflers which were not to my liking. My wife didn't like it and of course it had just shy of 20k miles and the guy had 4 year 36,000 mile Ford Warranty he just got last year. We couldn't come to the deal we had talked about when we met last week...so I walked away. It was a nice car although I had wanted a bone stock one, not one with a lot of aftermarket parts and the original parts were gone.
Anyway, after riding in the Mustang on the long way home my wife said we should stop at the Ford Dealer out in the country...so we did. My wife took test drive in White 19 with a 10spd and I had a hard time getting here back to dealer after driving 50+ miles. So...this is now in the garage. I have to admit that in a straight line this thing is an 11sec car off the show room floor and I'm a sucker for a white car! No, I got to drive it home, so I guess it's mine...at least for now.
How often is your wife going to need an extra 1/2 second to get through a 1/4 mile?

How much less than an appreciating Boss will your new depreciating Mustang be worth in 5 years... or even next year?

How many identical new Mustangs do you see at any given moment driving down the road?

How many people, kids and adults, comment, gawk, thumbs-up and talk to you about your new Mustang?

... but, then again, your new Mustang has better technology, more comfort, more power, better suspension, no disposable piece of Chinese garbage MT82 transmission... almost everything better than the Boss... AND, your wife is happy!

I'd have to conclude that you made the right decision.
Mogumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT