Never use cervinis! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-03-2019, 07:57 PM   #1

Region: Arizona
Never use cervinis!

hey guys I just thought I'd share with you how cervinis does they're business and to warn you all before buying from them. I ordered a 3 inch cowl hood pre painted in ingot silver UX for my 2011 gt. I ordered it from them on 6/24/19 the hood was somewhere around $550ish painting was just over $450 and handling fee was $75 (I live an hour from the warehouse) all in all it came out just shy of $1100. pretty penny to replace my stock hood that was bubbling in the front. before I placed the order it said painted items will be shipped in 7-10 business days but I thought realistically I'll probably wait about 2 weeks..... I wish.... after i placed the order and sent them 1100 dollars they decided to send me a confirmation email telling me the turnaround time will be 4-6 weeks and I was instantly mad about that. I emailed them telling them I wish they would of told me that before I paid them and they just said sorry. common issue I'm seeing with them. well I ended up waiting 8 weeks for the hood I got it on 8/23/19 after them pushing the date further and further back every week and arguing with them through email and over the phone. the guy at customer service named Richie promised me a gift card waiving the handling fee which is pathetic but I took what I could get. well I've waited not a week an a half after getting the hood and still no gift card. I emailed richie asking him when I will be getting it or if he sent it and he still to this day has never responded to my email. I looked at the hood when they delivered it and it looked pretty good. till it went on my car and I saw that it DOES NOT match in most high lighting situations. I'm super angry with cervinis and will never in a million years use them again. terrible service terrible turnaround time and false promises. the worst buying experience I've ever had. sorry for the very long rant but I'd like to share my experience to you all here so you can learn from my mistake and not use cervinis. here's some pics. the last pic really shows the pathetic match

'11 gt w/brembo package & fbo cammed 01 gt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1567562128143.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	258553   Click image for larger version

Name:	1567562164165.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	258555  

Name:	1567562192331.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	258557   Click image for larger version

Name:	1567562204980.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	258559  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2019, 09:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Never get pre-painted parts. Too many factors go into paint matching such as location painted, sun exposure, weather, temperature, etc. for them to match it to your specific car color. I purchased an unpainted cervinis stalker hood and had it painted local. Couldn't be happier.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:31 AM   #3

I got my gt500 spoiler pre painted not from cervinis and it came to my house in a few days and matches the car absolutely perfectly. I wasnt expecting a perfect match but whether it matches or not it doesnt change the fact that cervinis told me stuff that they simply didnt do and they are a complete joke of a company and I wish I could take the money back that I gave them. I'm not just trying to make a company look bad if they did things right I would certainly credit them for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2019, 02:15 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Head hurts after reading that mess of a post. You should at the very least break it down into paragraphs.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Old 09-04-2019, 03:45 PM   #5

atleast I used periods. I didnt write it up to be a masterpiece its not a college paper. I wrote it up to inform you guys to use caution when ordering from those guys.... sorry

Old 09-05-2019, 10:04 PM   #6

Region: Other
I totally agree with 2014Vert.
Don't expect pre-painted parts to match. And silver is more than looking for trouble.

I have recently purchased a Stalker hood. It was to be loaded into a container and shipped to New Zealand, but a week or so out from that happening, it hadn't arrived at the destination. The shippers didn't know where it was, and finally advised me that it was lost and that I should arrange a replacement.
I contacted Cervini's and they immediately dispatched a replacement, which arrived in time to be packed.
It arrived, but to my horror, there were no louvers included. I assume that in the haste of re-shipping, they had been left out!
I contacted Cervini's, but they didn't seem too keen at paying for the shipping to NZ, so I arranged to buy a Ram Air Duct (which I should have got in the first place) so the louvers could be included in the package. Of course, I had to pay the shipping to NZ, but the hood was no use without louvers.
They did send me a free T-shirt, and I still think they should have paid the shipping due to it being their mistake. But I'm also happy to have the air duct.

It's in the spray booth right now, but I did all the priming and preparation and I must say it is the best quality glass product that I have ever worked on.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:43 AM   #7
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
Never buy pre-painted parts, ESPECIALLY silver. You aren't going to match silver paint, everyone with a silver car should know this. You need to get the whole car sprayed if you want silver paint to match up all over 100%. Why are you getting it shipped if you live an hour away? Drive the car there and have them install it. Better yet, you could have had them TRY to do a closer match to your silver that wouldn't have been so noticable if you took the car there for them to install it. They definitely could have gotten it way closer than that silver if the car was there...

As for the shipping and gift card situation. I don't know about all that but it sounds kind of shady. I have heard of issues with them before with CS, it does say 7-10 days for painted items so I dunno. That is ****ty it took 2 months. HOWEVER, how is the fit/finish? Any waves or big gaps? There are a lot of companies out there that make hoods that do not fit nearly as well as Cervinis.

Really... you live an hour away... this sounds like they did do some not great stuff CS wise but the fact you didn't drive the car there, talk to someone in person and have the hood paint matched and installed there at their location is pretty dumb on your part IMO...

Truth is that Cervinis is one of the top 2 or 3 hood makers for these cars... they are just great. Be happy you didn't get some cheap crap hood that'll fly up on you on the highway and you are gonna have to take the car to a local booth to try for a better match or I dunno.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:14 AM   #8

I wanted to go to the warehouse but due to they're hours it wasnt possible I work very long hours and if I get home by 7 pm I'm pretty lucky. I asked them if somone could stick around after hours and I could meet them at the warehouse or if somone could meet me there on a Saturday and they said absolutely not so idk what I could of done in that situation. the hood is great quality it's not the match that I'm really mad about I understand they didnt have my car. I'm mad about the CS and the lies it's just bs from a company that big. I would only buy another part from them from another supplier carrying they're parts

Old 09-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: Europe
I dunno take a sick day? Use a day off? I get where you are coming from on the BS, again, I have heard that too... but... yeah silver paint is a *****. Hell if you are in Philly you are close to a bunch of good paint shops in that area and south NJ.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:03 AM   #10

I'm 1 of 6 guys that work for the company and we get enough work for 20 guys lol. not my problem but still it's not easy explaining to my boss when I need a day. I'll have to talk to my body guy. he does great work fixed both of my mustangs after 2 hit and runs and they both look great. like I said I understand the match wouldnt be perfect I'm just very frustrated over the CS. good product or not customer service is a very very big part of running a good company imo and that was just a whole bunch of bs. lying to get me to calm down and ignoring me

Old 09-09-2019, 04:44 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
LOVE my Cervinis Type IV hood

I had the Ford dealer paint it

VERY disappointed with the reseller - one of the BIGGEST Mustang parts suppliers in the US

When the hood arrived it was kinda in a cardboard box, but mostly out of the box.

Upon inspection, the hood APPEARED to be fine, but had developed a hairline crack that showed up 2 weeks after the paint

The reseller agreed to replace it, but only after receiving a statement, proof and photos from the Ford dealer, however the reseller (AM) required me to take the hood off the car and ship it back to them AT MY EXPENSE before they would ship me another hood, which I would then re-paint, AT MY EXPENSE and leave the car hoodless while I waited.

Made more sense to have the Ford dealer repair the crack

Having documented EVERYTHING I filed a dispute with my credit card company.

(AM) never contested the dispute.

The car is BEAUTIFUL !

Plus I ended up adding the functional ram air underhood attachment and a CAI and a tune

OH MY

WHAT FUN !

RWSRWS
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Photo_Cervinis_04.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	428.3 KB
ID:	258567   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo_Cervinis_00.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	258569  

2013 GT Premium (auto) Crystalline,factory 19”wheels, black rocker stripe & heat extractors, redline armrests, Silverhorse windows Polk/Infinity speakers, Dynamat GT500A-bcks 1963 Studebaker Avanti R2 Factory Supercharged still own1938 Studebaker President still own 1969 Mustang Coupe, 302 Blue (sold 1978)1966 Aurora Thunderjet 2+2 Fastback - yellow w/red stripes (owned since age 9)1968 HOT WHEELS Redline Mustang 2+2 Gold - owned since age 11
Old 09-09-2019, 01:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
@arena314

Thanks for sharing. I've often considered one of their replacement hoods. If I ever proceed on this consideration, I'll remember your customer service warning. In the end, it wasn't a total loss for you, just an exorbitant price if you have it repainted.

I'm sorry to see you were denigrated for you post. As you become more familiar with Internet forum communication styles, you will no doubt become more eloquent and draw less negative attention. Your post was indeed, less than easy reading, but you were able to communicate your point.

There's nothing wrong with, or embarrassing about being an electrician. Let the comment roll off, like water on a ducks back. Keep posting...
Old 09-09-2019, 02:49 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
And both of you could stand to use more commas in your posts.
I usually just scatter a few around randomly in my sentences.... I think that it makes me look all scholarly when I post on the internet.
Commas all around! They’re on the house, so free for all! Grab a few, and sprinkle them on your posts..

Cheers
Old 09-09-2019, 02:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by crjackson2134 View Post
@arena314

Thanks for sharing. I've often considered one of their replacement hoods. If I ever proceed on this consideration, I'll remember your customer service warning. In the end, it wasn't a total loss for you, just an exorbitant price if you have it repainted.

I'm sorry to see you were denigrated for you post. As you become more familiar with Internet forum communication styles, you will no doubt become more eloquent and draw less negative attention. Your post was indeed, less than easy reading, but you were able to communicate your point.

There's nothing wrong with, or embarrassing about being an electrician. Let the comment roll off, like water on a ducks back. Keep posting...
thank you for the response that pertained to my post to begin with. cervinis makes a nice product but if I were you my advice would be to get it from another seller and get it painted at a reputable body shop so you dont go through what I have. that was my whole point of this post was to inform you guys what happened to me but I got berated instead

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-Current Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT