Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Mach-E Ford shenanigans

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  ab_mach1 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I wouldn't mind the namesake if it were just another limited model like the Bullitts have been, but having it be a permanent thing seems like it would cheapen the Mach name. They better make this thing fast as hell

#7 · (Edited)
Give it 15-20 years and it'll be 50/50 electric or even more. Watch the Grand Tour episode when the electric supercar vs the Lambo and Porsche happens and the electric just WALKS away from the fuelies.

It is what it is. Battery tech is finally delivering gas tank ranges and electric sports cars will pack in the **** of a gas engine almost every time. Instant torque, same power at any altitude, no tuning required. Just go. I mean there will be "hotrod" tunes available for them if they are allowed by the manufacturers... I would not be surprised if an industry for "jailbreaking" or "rooting" an electric sports cars for performance mods is a thing in a few decades...

The environmental impact will be massive if we can start generating power for these things with clean sources or at least greatly reduced fossil fuel emissions. As it stands right now I believe the environmental impact of electric is not that significant in the USA with how electricity is produced. I'd love to see advanced clean nuclear plants but that'll probably never happen with the cluster**** of regulations and permits and upfront cost associated with nuclear. And the public dislike of it even through its very safe.

Then again I live in a country that has wind farms and solar EVERYWHERE and does a half decent job of renewables. Drive through Germany and its crazy, they are energy self sufficient about 1/3 of the year and plan to be 100% BY 2030s sometime.

#8 ·
Hmmm...”and the public dislike of it, even though it’s very safe?”......I agree that clean sources of power are needed to come on line to support electric cars and trucks in order for them to be truly cleaner than IC.....but I am not sure nuclear is the answer anymore......Fukushima, Three mile Island, and Chernobyl come to mind......you are living in an area still heavily affected by Chernobyl radiation, my friend.....
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MU4_bJT8W3Y

#9 · (Edited)
Comparing ageing reactors especially one ran by the crumbling 80s Soveit Union to a 2020s built super modern/safe reactor? Apples to Oranges. Most of the reactors in the USA old as hell... like 1st generation 1960s old. Yeah they'll have issues and be expensive to maintain.

Biggest issues now are startup cost and permits. Profitability on the older stations is an issue too but a newer modern power station with high tech safety features and possible incentives for being an alternative energy source to fossil can all help.

Hell, in the early 90s a Princeton research team finally was able to build a fusion reactor that put out more power than it took to run but it was shut down due to expense. Imagine if we really put a bunch of money and research into viable fusion tech...

#10 ·
What I think they should do is create a multi-country organization (sort of like NATO) where they all work together to build, manage, etc all the nuclear plants in each of the countries in the organization. The hope is that all the scientists and engineers would work together to come up with plans (and funds) for managing all the plants regardless of whatever is happening in the world (wars etc). All the organization countries would agree that for the good of the people and planet, they would leave this organization alone to get politics (and everything else) out of the way so we don't have to worry about idiots in the world like Putin, Trump, and Kim Jong Un messing this up for the peoples future. Just a pie in the sky thought lol.

#11 ·
Pie in the sky indeed. Anytime you mention helping the environment or regulating businesses to stop pollution and rampant corruption Bob and Karen jump in and start screaming about job creators, the economy and freedom... No Bob, no Karen, you are literally going to kill us all... maybe my generation won't bear the brunt of it (and the boomers will all be gone so they don't care) but my 10 year old I would HOPE will live another like 70+ years and I'd like for her to not have to deal with it...

#13 ·
Yup!

What’s that up in the sky? Is that a Banana Cream pie at 30,000 feet?

Yeah, I don’t see Kim Jong Un subjugating he and his country to a nuclear power control group of which we are a member....:popcorn:
Fusion power is also never gonna happen — safely anyway.....
Here’s an unique worry for you....the bigger and faster the colliders like the Hadron get — what if the collisions at light speed create a small black hole that cannot be controlled? There ARE scientists that say this is a possibility — POOF! No more worries about the planet because it is the size of a golf ball!
Man, did we get off the subject on the Mach E or WHAT!
Lol yup, it's up there.

I've heard that in more than a few science related podcasts that I've listened to over the past year lol.

#12 ·
What’s that up in the sky? Is that a Banana Cream pie at 30,000 feet?

Yeah, I don’t see Kim Jong Un subjugating he and his country to a nuclear power control group of which we are a member....:popcorn:
Fusion power is also never gonna happen — safely anyway.....
Here’s an unique worry for you....the bigger and faster the colliders like the Hadron get — what if the collisions at light speed create a small black hole that cannot be controlled? There ARE scientists that say this is a possibility — POOF! No more worries about the planet because it is the size of a golf ball!
Man, did we get off the subject on the Mach E or WHAT!

#14 ·
Lmao.

Well... science does tend to cause large hadrons...

#15 ·
I am SO comforted that the LHC is shut down right now.....rebuilding it to make it faster and cause harder and more frequent and intense collisions. Still hard for me to believe that we can accelerate matter (no matter how small...lol) to 99.9% the speed of light, and then watch as they crash into each other. Gluons, muons and quarks, oh my!

#16 ·
The last I heard the Chinese were bringing online one or two coal-fired power plans per week. Although it has slowed down recently they are burning so much coal that I don't see producing electric cars as helping much, but don't get me wrong it's a start. Green energy is great but you need a traditional power plant sitting idle while the wind is blowing, or the sun is shining, so when it stops you can fire it up and keep the lights on. Without government subsidies for electric cars, or solar panels on your roof, we are not at the point yet where they are cost efficient, but we are getting closer every year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.